Instagram approved me but NO shopping tab on IG

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

I got approved to sync my products to instagram so I can enable the shopping system, but turns out I cannot find the shopping tab. It's no where in my settings, I looked at many help forums and youtube videos and couldn't find the solution. I am trying to use the instagram sales channel to increase my conversions. I got approved 48 hours+ ago, and it still hasn't shown any options for me to sync products to my images. If anyone knows a solution or can help me find the location of the shopping options i'd greatly appreciate it

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
899 91 166

Hey there, @JustinCases 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. When you see that you're approved in your Instagram business profile and you have added your Facebook product catalog, you can tag your products in Instagram posts and stories. You can learn more about tagging these products in How do I tag Instagram products in posts on Instagram?. The Shop tab you are referring to that sometimes appears on Instagram profiles is not part of this integration - our integration simply allows you to tag products in posts and in your stories. 

If you have any further questions, please do let me know. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

On the link that you've sent me ( https://help.instagram.com/2022466637835789 ) it shows that "

After you've been approved and competed set-up in Shopping in Settings, you can start tagging products in your posts and stories."  This is to enable the option to tag products from Shopify onto the instagram. Which is no where to be seen in the instagram settings, or instagram. So, I cannot use this feature from Shopify as I cannot enable it anywhere.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
899 91 166

Hey there, Justin 

That is interesting. Are you based in a country that Instagram Shopping is supported in? You can check out their list of supported countries here. Is your Instagram account currently a personal account or a professional account? It does need to be a professional account to be able to enable this. Here is a guide on switching your Instagram from personal to professional. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes