Instagram bio link is not allowed

Highlighted
Tourist
70 0 3
When i try to put my Shopify store link in my instagram bio, instagram write- “link not allowed” “it looks like your profile contains a link that is not allowed”
Why? How can I fix it? Can’t to free traffic from instagram..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
177 0 15

Hi There,

It seems that you are using the default shopify store url in your instagram bio. If your store connected with the domain, try adding your domain to your instagram bio. For more details check How do I add a bio or a website to my profile?

Hope this helps!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
70 0 3
I use the default domain (Shopify domain)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
177 0 15

Try adding your store url something like this,

https://yourstore.myshopify.com

It will work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 9

I've got the same issue. It just happened out of absolutely nowhere... my website that was shared on multiple profile seems to be blocking everyone who has it accounts (Maybe 5-8 people). Please help if you have a solution.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2

Yes, we're having the same issue as well. We've been using our custom domain name linked to our Shopify page for like the 1.5 years in our IG profile, but out of the blue this week we got a notification that our link was not allowed. We've tried using the Tell us button to report, but nothing seems to be working. Right now, we don't have any link to our website at all and customers have emailed us asking us how to order. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated it!

2 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I'm with the same problem. Anyone who can fix it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
Same here!! It just happened to us yesterday. Not sure what is going on between IG and Shopify, but we are getting caught in the crossfire. We’ve been unable to get our store approved for product tagging too. We switched to Shopify for all the integrations and tools, but it’s starting to backfire.
1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

Has this been fixed for anyone? 
I had my website in the bio and product tagging working and all of a sudden it all stopped- instagram and facebook are saying my website is now spam and Shopify wont allow my facebook page to be connected to Shopify... 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

@gingerfrank wrote:

Has this been fixed for anyone? 
I had my website in the bio and product tagging working and all of a sudden it all stopped- instagram and facebook are saying my website is now spam and Shopify wont allow my facebook page to be connected to Shopify... 

and when trying to publish my collections to facebook Shopify is saying 

'Can not be published. Please contact Facebook for more information.'

0 Likes