Instagram bio link not working after change to shopify

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I have changed CMS builder of my client's website to shopify.

Since then, Instagram won't allowing to direct my website link to save in profile bio.

is there anyone or Shopify Support can give me solution?

This will be a big problem :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2551 180 398

Hi @miacompanyid,

Nick here from Shopify. 

When you changed to Shopify did you update the bio at all or is just not saving at all since you made the change? I'm wondering if this could be more of an Instagram issue if everything is running ok on your website and Shopify. 

Would you be able to share your Instagram profile in a reply so I can take a closer look at things and see why this might be happening. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @Nick ,

Thank your for comment.

The website and shopify functions work perfect. For the website itself, it doesn't have any problem to be online. 

The problem is only in the IG, it doesnt allow us to the link the website in bio.

Here's the info :

Website URL : http://age20s.id

IG : @age20s.id

Thanks alot!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2551 180 398

Thanks for sharing @miacompanyid.

This does seem very strange alright, but it seems like it is something more to do with Instagram than Shopify since everything is working on the Shopify side of things. What Instagram allow and enable to be saved in their bio's is something which would be out of Shopify's control but is allowed.

Can I ask if you are trying to update this on the app via a mobile device or via the web on a computer/laptop? I'm also wondering if it could be anything to do with a word limit. I know Instagram can be quite particular with links in general and don't allow them in posts at all. 

I found this third party blog article which goes into more detail about this and could perhaps shed some light which you can read here

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @Nick ,

Thanks for all your effort of research to find us the solution.

yea, i dont think there's problem on the website itself.

meanwhile, i will try to reach IG support (since their reply is VERY SLOW or even no reply).

Thanks alot Nick!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2551 180 398

No problem at all @miacompanyid,

Yes, I think reaching out to IG would be the best move forward here. I wish it was something I could help with you more, but Shopify really has no control over what IG would allow in their bio's. I do know for sure, they allow URL's though. I hope it's something you can get sorted out soon and if you do and find out the reason, could you reply here and let me know so other's in the community might see for the future also. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi...I have been having the exact same issue since I opened my store and started my IG account a month ago. From day 1 I keep getting an error that wont allow me to save my website. It's funny thou because when I save my LinkedIn URL it allows it it seems to be blocking my store site specifically...so annoying because I haven't been able to find any way around this major issue and contacting someone on IG or Facebook (because the same thing is happening on my Facebook Shop page) to help or even respond has been virtually impossible.
I'm curious, have you been successful in reaching anyone over there or getting some answers?
Best of luck!
0 Likes
1 0 0
I have had the same problem, anyone found a solution yet? Really need help, the link for some reason is also not working on the Facebook. HELP
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I used a link shorten thing and it worked

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0
@Zain can you elaborate what you mean? What is that an app or a service?
0 Likes