Instagram cant connect

Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
877 61 253

Hi, @luciasol

Thanks for jumping in to this thread, and sharing more details on the error you're receiving. 

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had further help with this from Shopify, or Facebook, and I'd like to lend a hand. 

When this error appears, it means that the Instagram account that you're trying to link to your Facebook Channel in Shopify is already tied to another Facebook Commerce account. In order to resolve this, the other account must be deleted by Facebook. Then, you'll be able to link your Instagram to the correct Facebook Commerce account in Shopify. 

I know you mentioned that you've already tried to speak with Facebook about this, but I do recommend contacting them again via their Business Help Center. This is the best way to speak with them directly, and get their help with deleting the other Facebook Commerce account. 

Keep me posted on how this goes!

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
luciasol
2 0 0
Thank you so much! this really helps! I have tried contacting through
business center. Is there anything else I can do?
0 Likes
belsizeactive
Tourist
9 0 2
This is a Facebook problem ... I didn’t believe but then if you google how to open Facebook business then Page administrator can help .
Just google about Facebook business and shopify it’s a bit complicate to explain I even don’t know how I manage it but I connected and it works
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
877 61 253

Hi, @luciasol

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that you've already contacted Facebook.

Their Business Help Center is the best way to reach them directly, so now that you've contacted them there they should get back to you shortly with more information. 

Let me know what they say! 

0 Likes
Marianney_0
1 0 0

I keep getting this 

my account and everything is ready and peope can even see my items as I’m on the basic plan and there’s no password on. But still Instagram says they can’t see my items but everyone can when I send the link so I don’t know why please 

2525D777-6E35-4948-A19D-E99171E05284.png

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
877 61 253

Hi, @Marianney_0

Thanks for letting me know about this error.

You mentioned that when you share your URL, your items are visible on your online store. However, based on the error message you're receiving, I do recommend double checking this to confirm. To do this on each individual product, you can follow these steps. To complete this in bulk on all of your products instead though, check out these steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify admin 
  2. Click on 'Products > All products' 
  3. Click on the master checkbox shown here 
  4. If you have more than 50 products in your store, click on the blue text that says 'Select all 50+ products in your store' 
  5. Click 'Edit products' 
  6. Click 'Add fields' 
  7. Under the 'Sales channels' section, click 'Available to Online Store' 
  8. Go through the bulk editor and ensure each product has a checkmark in the 'Available to Online Store' column 
  9. Click 'Save' in the top righthand corner when you're done

If this error is still appearing in your admin once you've complete these steps, please reply back to me here with a link to your live site so I can take a closer look. 

I hope to hear back from you about this soon! 

0 Likes
apearce
1 0 0

I am having the same issue when trying to connect my Instagram to Insta shopping.

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
877 61 253

Hi, @apearce

I'm happy to help with the issue you're having.

Can you please confirm exactly what's happening on your end? Are you receiving a specific error message? If so, feel free to share a screenshot of the error with me here so I can take a closer look at this. 

I look forward to receiving more details from you!

0 Likes