Instagram cant connect

Highlighted
3 0 0

hello ,

its nice to do do application for connect a instagram shop , but problem is that when you want connect , he tell that prorietary of this , its shopify ....  no way for connect our intagram to shopify .... any solution ? thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
292 17 59

Hi, @Curse

This is Rae from Shopify. Thank you for reaching out about connecting your Instagram account, and welcome to the Community. 

Can you please tell me a bit more about the problem you encountered while trying to connect Instagram to your Shopify store? Did you see a specific error message?

In the meantime, there's definitely some troubleshooting that we can work through to try and get your account connected. As a starting point, we'll need to ensure that your business is based in a country that's supported by Instagram. These countries are outlined here.

If you're located in a supported country, then your business also needs to meet these requirements: 

More information on these requirements can be found here

Once you've confirmed that your store meets the above guidelines, make sure to follow these steps to try and reconnect your Instagram account to your Shopify admin. If you encounter any issues during this process, or if you receive any error messages, please reply back to me here with more details and I'll be glad to provide more assistance. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello , 

here answer 

Can you please tell me a bit more about the problem you encountered while trying to connect Instagram to your Shopify store? Did you see a specific error message?

problem.png

As you can see , its in french but he told me i need be administrator of this .... for select this 

I try again this :

Once you've confirmed that your store meets the above guidelines, make sure to follow these steps to try and reconnect

Sorry but it do the same .... 

Thanks for your help 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
292 17 59

Hi, @Curse!

Thank you for getting back to me with these details regarding your account setup. 

In the screenshot you provided, it looks like Shopify is the current owner of your Facebook catalog, which is correct. In order to connect both the Facebook Shop channel and the Instagram channel to your Shopify account, Shopify needs to remain as the owner of this catalog. This catalog is what helps create product tags on Instagram, and this set up is only possible when Shopify is the owner of the catalog. 

When you connect your Instagram account within your Shopify admin by following these steps, and set up your product catalog based on these guidelines, do you see any errors appear in your Shopify admin? If so, can you please take a screenshot of these errors and send it to me here? 

Once I receive these details, I can take a closer look into the issue. 

Thanks for your help! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello , 

its the same than before here the screen about instagram ... he tell to me to check in business manager , and i find same error than before . 

where is the problem ? what do you think ? 

thanks 

20191125_143153.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
292 17 59

Hi, @Curse

Thanks for following up with those details and including that screenshot. Is this screenshot from within your Instagram account, or from within Facebook?

Either way, can you please check to make sure your Facebook catalog is already connected to your Instagram business profile. To do this, follow these steps: 

1. Open up the Instagram app on your mobile device and go to your profile. 
  2. Tap the menu in the top right corner and select 'Settings'
  3. Tap 'Shopping', and confirm your Facebook account. If you don't see the 'Shopping'  option, tap 'Edit profile'  and check to make sure your Instagram account is connected to your Facebook business page. 
  4. Select the product catalog that matches your .myshopify.com URL. 
  5. Tap 'Done'

Once you've completed these steps, log back in to your Shopify admin and click on 'Instagram'  on the lefthand sidebar. If you see any error messages listed within this section, just reply to me here and let me know. Otherwise, if no errors are listed, try following these steps to add a product tag to an Instagram post or story via the Instagram app. 

Please keep me posted on how this goes! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I am having a similar issue. I have follow the steps above but I do not have the 'Shopping' listed after connecting my Facebook Page to my Instagram account. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
292 17 59

Hi, @taraye308

Thank you for jumping in with these details. I can certainly help look into this further. 

It sounds like you may not be seeing the 'Shopping'  option in your Instagram settings, is that correct? If so, please open up your Instagram app on your mobile device, and follow these steps:

1. Visit your business profile. 
  2. Tap 'Edit profile'
  3. Select 'Page'
  4. Check to make sure your Facebook business page is linked to your account here. If it's not, go ahead and link it now. 

Once that's done, please open up Facebook, head to your business page, and follow these steps: 

1. Click 'Settings'
  2. Select 'Instagram'
  3. Make sure your business Instagram account is linked here, not your personal account. 

Once you complete these steps, are you able to see the 'Shopping'  option in your Instagram app? Keep me posted! 

0 Likes