Instagram cant connect

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi, 

I was wondering if you could help me connect my instragm business page to my shopify account. 

Every time I try to add instragm as a new sales channel it sales that the page was not found. 

Please please could you help me :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
556 28 187

Hi, @R0siecheeks!

Thanks for reaching out about the troubles you're having. 

At what stage of following these steps to connect your Instagram account does this error appear?

Equally, can you please reply to me here with a screenshot of this error message? When sharing this image, make sure to block out any sensitive information, and just include the error message in your screenshot. Once I have this, I can help look into this situation further. 

In the meantime, I recommend working through the information here to ensure your business meets all the requirements of using the Instagram sales channel. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I am having a similar issue. I have follow the steps above but I do not have the 'Shopping' listed after connecting my Facebook Page to my Instagram account.

And even the SHOPPING show on Instagram I got this error ( look picture attached )IMG_1475.jpg

@Rae wrote:

Hi, @R0siecheeks!

Thanks for reaching out about the troubles you're having. 

At what stage of following these steps to connect your Instagram account does this error appear?

Equally, can you please reply to me here with a screenshot of this error message? When sharing this image, make sure to block out any sensitive information, and just include the error message in your screenshot. Once I have this, I can help look into this situation further. 

In the meantime, I recommend working through the information here to ensure your business meets all the requirements of using the Instagram sales channel. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
556 28 187

Hi, @Zami147!

Thanks for reaching out. 

To confirm, did you connect your Facebook business page to your Instagram account directly in your Instagram app by following these steps?

1. Visit your business profile. 
  2. Tap'Edit profile'
  3. Select'Page'
  4. Check to make sure your Facebook business page is linked to your account here. If it's not, go ahead and link it now. 

If so, please also ensure that your Instagram business account is linked to your Facebook business page. To do this, open up a new browser window, head to Facebook, navigate to your Facebook business page, and follow these steps: 

1. Click'Settings'
  2. Select'Instagram'
  3. Make sure your business Instagram account is linked here, not your personal account. 

Once you've completed these steps, you'll be able to add your product catalog directly in your Instagram app by following these steps

In terms of the error showing on the bottom of your app, can you please confirm that your app is fully up to date? If an update is available for the Instagram app, this will show up in the App Store on your device. Additionally, I also recommend ensuring that your phone is updated and using the newest iOS software version available. 

Keep me posted on how this goes! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi!

i did all those steps and im still got the same error.

my app and the IOS version in my iphone is uptated as well 

please help, Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
556 28 187

Hi, @Zami147

Thanks for following up with these details. 

Since this error is occurring within the Instagram app, I recommend reporting this problem to Instagram directly by following these steps. Additionally, this third-party document also has some tips on how to proceed when an error like this appears on Instagram. I suggest checking that out, and trying some of the outlined steps to see if that helps resolve the error. 

In the meantime though, it's a good idea to try setting up the Instagram sales channel from another device - like a tablet, or another mobile phone. In some cases, issues like this may be tied to the device being used, so establishing this connection via another device can be a great workaround. 

If you have any other questions or concerns that I can assist with, please let me know! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Rae! 

I’m getting an issue sort of similar except my issue is that my Instagram won’t connect with my Facebook even though the app and Facebook says that it is. The notification on Shopify says 

“The connected Business Manager doesn’t own any Instagram accounts. Add your Instagram account to the connected Business Manager...” 

However in the Facebook Business settings page, it says that the active Business Manager owns the Instagram page.. any advice?? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Same problem here anyone found solution ? 

7F2327E4-3E98-41A6-B8C2-CBB76C49B355.png

E4349ED9-943C-402D-93B0-6DD560939E8E.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
556 28 187

Hi, @Tmcguire25 and @belsizeactive

Thank you both for posting about the troubles you're running into. 

Based on the errors you're receiving, it sounds like your Instagram accounts need to each be linked directly to your respective Facebook Business Manager accounts. With that said, I recommend following Facebook's steps here to complete this process, and link the accounts together. 

In addition to this, it's important to ensure that each of your Instagram accounts are also linked to your Facebook Business pages. To check this, please login to Facebook, navigate to your business page, and follow these steps: 

1. Click'Settings'
  2. Select'Instagram'
  3. Make sure your business Instagram account is linked here, not your personal account. 

This information should get you both on the right track, but if you get stuck, let me know! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello I have been having the same issue. I contacted facebook as suggested in shopify and have no answers, so i cannot finish up setting the catalog. I can tag all the shopify products to instagram, but I cannot choose or edit the way the catalog pictures look. I only need to be able to connect instagram and I think I can do the rest. 

Here is what is telling me, I have been contacting shopify and facebook and NO answer!Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 08.52.25.png

0 Likes