Instagram denied for us for product tagging

Highlighted
1 0 0

It looks like we followed all the policies, but instagram still denied us for the product tagging feature. We have a facebook store with products processing. Is there any way to resubmit this request? This is a major reason we joined Shopify. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

GoldnJune  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
572 68 101

Hey, @goldnjune!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear that you have not been approved for tagging, I know it must be frustrating. At the moment, the approval process is entirely handled by Instagram. We can only tell if a merchant has been approved, pending or rejected. We are not provided with any information on why they reject stores. 

You can double-check the commerce policy to see if you are selling prohibited content. It also advises that if you are disapproved then you can appeal and they will take another look:

13-06-s0pt8-nr72l

I believe the best way to contact Instagram is to go to your 'Settings' in the mobile app, scroll down and tap 'Report a Problem'. You can explain the situation on the following page and ask Instagram to review why you're not being accepted for tagging.

You must have a Facebook store which is approved by Facebook before you can be approved for the Instagram Channel. This is probably your main reason for Instagram denying you. You also need to be active on social media as Instagram doesn't always approve brand new pages with no content. 

I would also check the following: 

Make sure your products are set to be available on Facebook and Instagram (check under Sales Channels in the guide). 
Make sure you've converted your Instagram account to a business account.
Make sure you have the most up to date version of the Instagram app. 
You can find the rest of the requirements here if you want to double-check them. All of these must be adhered to before Instagram will accept you.

If you can't use the Instagram Channel, you can still use Instagram as a tool for marketing your products. There's an app in our store called InstaShop: Shoppable Instagram which has a free option. We also launched a great Instagram course on our Shopify Academy. All Academy courses are free and run by successful store owners. Check them out here!

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any other questions at all, we are always here to help.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes