Instagram denied me shopping

Highlighted
2 0 0
Can someone please help. I am completely lost. I’ve tried to link my Instagram to Shopify many times for my clothing business . I already have a Facebook & Facebook store. My Instagram is a business account and it’s completely updated. I’ve read the guidelines many times and I am lost..

My Instagram is: @Tailoredsouth
My website is: www.tailoredsouth.com
My Facebook is: Tailored South
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
308 39 53

Hey, @Tailoredsouth!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Have you received an error message saying 'your store isn't eligible for Instagram tagging'? If so, I am sorry to hear that, I know it must be frustrating. At the moment, the approval process is entirely handled by Instagram. We can only tell if a merchant has been approved, pending or rejected. We are not provided with any information on why they reject stores. 

You can check the commerce policy here to see if you are selling prohibited content. It also advises that if you are disapproved then you can appeal and they will take another look: 

13-06-s0pt8-nr72l

The best way to contact Instagram is to go to your 'Settings' in the mobile app, scroll down and tap 'Report a Problem'. You can explain the situation on the following page and ask Instagram to review why you're not being accepted for tagging. 

Can you confirm that your Facebook sales channel is fully connected to Shopify and running properly? You need to have a Facebook store which is approved by Facebook (approval takes about 48 hours after you set it up) before you can be approved for the Instagram Channel. 

I would also check the following: 

• Make sure your products are set to be available on Facebook and Instagram. 
  • Make sure you've converted your Instagram account to a business account.
  • Make sure you have the most up to date version of the Instagram app. 
  • You can find the rest of the requirements here if you want to double-check them. All of these must be adhered to before Instagram will accept you.

If you can't use the Instagram Channel, you can still use Instagram as a tool for marketing your products. There's an app in our store called InstaShop: Shoppable Instagram which has a free option. We have more Instagram related apps here as well if you want to check them out. 

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes