Instagram denied my store

6 0 0

I just set up my shopify and connected it to facebook. My facebook and instagram has been connected for months and they are both business accounts. I read through Instagram's commerce policy and Im pretty positive I meet all the requirement, but somehow still got denied without specifiv reason. Please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 41

Hey, @exotichunts!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear that you have not been approved for tagging, I know it must be frustrating. Can I ask what exactly you are selling? At the moment, the approval process is entirely handled by Instagram. We can only tell if a merchant has been approved, pending or rejected. We are not provided with any information on why they reject stores. 

In the commerce policy, it advises that if you are disapproved then you can appeal and they will take another look: 13-06-s0pt8-nr72l

You will need to contact Instagram to have the review your store again. I believe the best way to contact Instagram is to go to your 'Settings' in the mobile app, scroll down and tap 'Report a Problem'. You can explain the situation on the following page and ask Instagram to review why you're not being accepted for tagging. Alternatively, you can delete the Instagram sales channel and reinstall it again, this will make Instagram review your store again and I have seen people accepted the second time around if you are adhering to the commerce policy. 

I hope this helps but please let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help!

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
6 0 0
Toilet paper holder, incense holder, bag, bracelet, necklace, coaster and hamper. That’s all I’m selling. I read the forbidden products and I really don’t find myself against the rule?
Is it because I use the word “Buddhism”? Or is it because Instagram mistaken the incense holder for something tabacco related product? Please suggest. Thank you very much.
0 Likes
6 0 0
Hi Lulu,

Toilet paper holder, incense holder, bag, bracelet, necklace, coaster and hamper. That’s all I’m selling. I read the forbidden products and I really don’t find myself against the rule?

Is it because I use the word “Buddhism”? Or is it because Instagram mistaken the incense holder for something tabacco related product? Please suggest. Thank you very much.

Also already report the problem to Instagram. Do you know how long will it take for them to get back to me?

Best regards,
0 Likes
6 0 0

I also tried to delete the instagram sale channel, but when I tried to add it back, It showed me shortly that still instagram didnt approve ( without rewiewing my shop again) and after like 3-5 sec, the page jumped automatically to the pic below.insta issue.JPG

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 41

Hi, @exotichunts!

In the Instagram commerce policy, I can see they do have 'religion' listed as prohibited content so it could be that your product contains the word Buddhism but I couldn't be sure. The approval is totally up to Instagram and we have no insight whatsoever as it is a third party sales channel. I am glad you have reported it to Instagram already, I wouldn't be able to speak on their behalf as to when they will get back to you but hopefully, you won't be waiting too long. In the meantime try and remove the product containing Buddhism and see if you have any luck. 

2019-08-ndz31-emq0u

Can you also confirm that your Facebook sales channel is fully connected and running properly? You need to have a Facebook store which is approved by Facebook (approval takes about 48 hours after you set it up) before you can be approved for the Instagram Channel. 

I would also check the following: 

You can find the rest of the requirements here if you want to double-check them. All of these must be adhered to before Instagram will accept you.

If you can't use the Instagram Channel, you can still use Instagram as a tool for marketing your products. There's an app in our store called InstaShop: Shoppable Instagram which has a free option. We have more Instagram related apps as well. We also launched a great Instagram course on Shopify Academy. All Academy courses are free and run by successful store owners. 

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes