Instagram denied product tagging

Highlighted
1 0 0

Can someone please save my life as I'm at my wits end with this! 

I have no idea why Instagram has denied my Shopify site, when its been accepted by facebook??!! I need to get product tagging asap to capitalise on the Christmas purchase journey, however I'm failing to get this approved.

I have complied with the policies as far as I am aware but yet it's STILL not been accepted. 

I thought the whole point of using Shopify was that it was easily compliant with Facebook and Instagram?? I have followed past threads, contacted Shopify Live chat and no one is able to help me. I have contacted Instagram myself and still not been successful as no one seems to be able to tell me what's wrong here??

Has anyone else come across this and if so how did you overcome it? Are there any helpful people out there that could assist me?? I feel that it shouldn't be this hard!!

Thank you in advance,

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2397 163 352

Hi @Shimmi22,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I completely understand where you are coming from. I was actually denied for my own store recently and have tried to apply in and challenge Instagram on it but to no avail also. I have heard of a couple of techniques people have implemented which has had this changed over for them. Hopefully one of them can work for you also:

• The first that can sometimes see success is to report a problem in the Instagram app. Letting them know here that you were denied when your store doesn't violate their sales policy has been known to get stores a second look over. This can sometimes act like an appeal and cause the decision to be changed. Saying something along the lines of "I have been denied for Instagram shoppable tagging but that all I sold were [insert your product type], so there shouldn't have been a reason to be denied"
  • The other tactic I've heard was mentioned in a review on the Instagram app's page. You can see the screenshot of the original comment below for you to take a look at. This option is a bit more complicated but was shared with me by a store owner who also used the method and saw success:

19-10-kw047-0fehh

Hopefully one of these options works for both you and me. I know it can very frustrating. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

I too was denied. Anyone that can help? I've tried all the recommended workarouds and nothing.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2397 163 352

Hi @virtuousbabe,

I recently discovered a similar but different potential workaround that might work and has worked for others. You can see it here. Hopefully, it works for you. Something to note and remember is that it's a third party created workaround and not from Shopify directly. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

I am having the same issue, we got denied from instagram shopping as well with no way to appeal. It is so frustrating to not be able ot get in contact with anyone? 

I tried the steps you posted but if you read the top of that guys site, it says as of September 2019 the rules have changed and the process is no longer up to date. 

Did anyone have success with the other two options? I have reported a problem with instagram but have not received any commuincation back. Next I am going to try the step by step process you listed out. Wish me luck! 

I see that several people have stated that they have gotten denied twice, how have you gotten the chance to apply again? HELP! This is detrimental to a new business and as we are coming up on the holidays I feel it is really needed. 

0 Likes