Instagram denied us for product tagging

Tourist
5 0 3

You can appeal via settings on Instagram but they don't actually review or reply to your appeal

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 3

Has anyone tried this solution and had it work?

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 0

Hey Aria 

I too recently tried linking my Instagram app to Shopify (ive been trying new things over a few days now), because I am wanting to selling my clothes on IG, and would like to tag them so users can be directed to the store.

Unfortunately, Instagram denied us.

Reason: "Instagram reviewed your store and decided that it’s not currently eligible for Instagram product tagging. View Instagram’s commerce policy or contact Instagram to learn more."

I read the guidelines and feel confident we follow all the rules. It says there is a way to appeal, but I don't see how.

I am approved on facebook shop, our instagram is on business and the app is updated. I have put the availability tag on shopify for instagram in the back end. I have watched videos, read up on things. I just don't know what i'm missing. and I have spend so many business hours on trying to make it work. Are you able to suggest anything?? It would be greatly appreciated! 

0 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 10

We are having the same issue. I'm about to try this process and hope it works.  https://www.shafquatarefeen.com/instagram-tag-products-shopify/

I've verified that our store is 13+, and that my category is set to shopping & retail and not product/services. I have a business account for facebook and will ensure that all the titles for the products are under 100 characters. I'll keep everyone posted. I got denied 15 seconds after submitting on shopify for instagram verification/approval. It's something automated that is denying us.

4 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 10

I followed the Shafqueartarefeen guide and am now waiting 24-72 and hope it will be approved. The issue I has following the guide was setting up the facebook feed. I could not get it to work with the free app that Shaf recommended. I did get the feed to work with this free app, however it did not give each product a google product category. That's now a different step if you want to setup google product categories because Facebook will through an alert at you if you don't have this, however you don't need to have them to finish the setup. I would just prefer it to be safe. What you have to do if you want google product categories is follow these instructions. I installed google shop sales channel app in the shopify store, set it up and that's it. I did not assign each product a category. 

The free version of the Facebook Catalog and product Feed Software that worked for me (you need to put in your shopify store login and password during the setup of the feed during the feed setup part of Shaf's instructions): https://apps.shopify.com/facebook-product-catalog

Instructions to setup google product categories (I plan on doing this later): https://docs.flexify.net/help/facebook-product-feed/google-product-categories

Google Shopping channel app: https://apps.shopify.com/google-shopping

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3
Please let us know if this hacks works for you!!
0 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 10

So far it has not worked :(

It's been well over 72 hours and no notification from Instagram or Facebook. I'm going to try to get someone from facebook via the business ad messenger to see if they can help. I tried this before through facebook and they could not help...however I read on a reddit post that I can't find now that it worked for someone this way to get them to activate their instagram for product tagging. They said you just have to get the right person at facebook ad support to make it work. I'll keep posting updates if things change.

@sariKNOTsari wrote:

2 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 10

This is the link to the facebook chat support...chat is unavailable right now

@James225 wrote:

So far it has not worked :(

It's been well over 72 hours and no notification from Instagram or Facebook. I'm going to try to get someone from facebook via the business ad messenger to see if they can help. I tried this before through facebook and they could not help...however I read on a reddit post that I can't find now that it worked for someone this way to get them to activate their instagram for product tagging. They said you just have to get the right person at facebook ad support to make it work. I'll keep posting updates if things change.

@sariKNOTsari wrote:

. It forwarded me to a business help page that had an option to email support and I did that. If the page does not forward you or it says that chat is not available on the linked page, then you need to setup a facebook ad manager account for your business page and run a $5 campaign. Then after you do that you'll be able to talk to facebook ad support and will get the option to chat or email support. 

https://www.facebook.com/business/form/chat

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 0
Thank you 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
0 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 10

This is a nightmare. I emailed facebook ad support and had a few back and forths. The support person said he had to escalate and would be a minimum of 1 business day before I heard anything back. I've already been through a similar conversation with facebook support through the chat last week so I hopped on the chat when it became available again. The 1st person I spoke to refused to help because it was not facebook ad related. After they ended the chat, I tried again and the 2nd support person on the chat was a little more helpful. They confirmed that my case was open and being worked on by the person I had been emailing and that they were looking into it. I'm not expecting much.

Then I started digging into my account after the last email from support that they had to escalate my issue. I noticed that I had been denied for instagram tagging. I never received an email with this info saying I was denied. I only found it by going to my facebook business manager, clicking on the catalogs and then on settings, then on "manage profiles" in the section for "Connected Instagram Business Profiles" (it's to the right of this). You'll see there if you got approved or denied. Mine says "Not Approved for Instagram Shopping" next to my instagram name. For all I know this happened over 5 days ago when I first set everything up per the above instructions.

I think it may also have something to do with inventory, however I'm not sure. I have to alerts in the facebook catalog that pulls from my store catalog feed. 

Alert #1 is that I have no inventory. All my products are not showing any inventory, so I may need to get into shopify and add stock to each product. I'm going to hold off on doing anything until I hear back from facebook just incase I mess something up worse

Alert #2 in the catalog section of facebook business manager said that I don't have google categories for each product. I don't think that is causing this but wanted to mention it just incase.

The nightmare continues......

0 Likes