Instagram denied us for product tagging

Tourist
5 0 3
Thanks for the update!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 10

I removed everything and redid it all again with an all my products with 25 units in inventory. After going through the entire setup following the exact directions (with the exception of using the app "Awesome Facebook Product Feed" for the product catalog becuase it had good options for google catagories setup and a free 7 day trial because the app in the tutorial's feed did not work). 

After setting it all up, instagram would auto deny me for product tagging. I tried it two times and it did this each time....I'm now just waiting for facebook support to email be back and hope that they escalated it to someone that can help.

Everything looks great on my facebook company page with our store and catalog....just no instagram product tagging...

I'm getting denied as fast as when I was setting up the facebook and instagram channels directly through shopify. Something is broken on their end or there is some very weird thing that we need to do in a specific way to get this to work and it could be different for everyone. I noticed that there are different versions of the directions on how to setup product tagging for instagram on separate facebook areas (Business manager product catalogs and your company facebook page). The directions to setup instagram for product tagging is all wrong in the catalog setup area in business manager/catalog manager. Everything is says is not correct in their instructions. This is just a hot mess.

2 Likes
Excursionist
20 0 10

Facebook support sent me the following cookie cutter email not helping at all. I replied saying we did all of this and to help fix it. No word yet.

Our team has found that currently your Instagram is not available for shopping currently

The IG account should meet the following criteria to be approved for IG Shopping.

1. Comply with our merchant agreement and commerce policies.
2. Have an Instagram Business Profile.
3. Have a connected Facebook Page.
4. Primarily sell physical goods.
5. Have your Business Profile connected to a Facebook Catalog.

Please go through the link https://help.instagram.com/1627591223954487 for further help.

Please take care of these and feel free to message back in.

Thanks,
XXXXX
Global Marketing Solutions Facebook

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Jordan, hope you're doing well. I found this thread looking for "instagram shopping not approved". I am having this problem now. I noticed you said you tried to connect again, how did you do this? I'm stuck in a pager that says "instagram shopping not approved" and can't do anything with it. By the way, did you solve this? Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
Excursionist
20 0 10

I have not been able to get this to work. Shopify support and Facebook support have not been able to help. My last communication with facebook support told me that we do not own the product catalog and that is an issue. Shopify support cannot assist any further from what they said.

I spoke to someone that has product tagging approved and they said they think you need to have at least 10,000 followers on instagram for you to qualify for a review of your products and to be able to do it. I think that makes sense since you get features unlocked once you hit 10,000 followers on instagram like adding links to your stories. I'm just now starting to build followers on instagram and am a LONG way from 10,000. Do NOT buy followers, that can ruin your instagram from everything I've read. 

Good luck to us all.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0
I sadly STILL haven’t got mine up and running either. I have done everything everyone is suggesting. But still no luck.

I don’t believe you need 10,000 though . Because I have a friend who has it and his only got 300 but is with Wordpress and said it was so easy ! And another friend , who has like 200 and she has it !
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 2
I completely agree. But I still don’t loose hope. If anyone knows or can share how to appeal the process of getting shopping approved on FB and IG please do share. I would be so grateful. I’m definitely frustrated with facebook they haven’t reply to my request to find out why I couldn’t get Shopping completed with them, I cannot even put my boutique online link on there. It’s ridiculous. They keep telling me that they are working hard to look into this issue and its been 2 1/2 months, pretty pathetic.
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 2
This didn’t work for me
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 2
I would like to know the same I completely feel you
0 Likes
Excursionist
20 0 10

I think we all just need to follow the instructions from earlier in this thread. The main thing we need is to have full control of the catalog, so that means it cannot be done through the shopify facebook channel. You'll need to use a shopify app to load the feed into facebook or set the catalog up manually in facebook where you have total control of it and not shopify.

Then you need to contact facebook ad business support multiple times until you get someone that knows how to fix this or at least walk you through how to fix it. I have not had luck on it yet, however I have not had the time to go in and redo it all like I mentioned above. At this point, my instagram is showing that I have been denied in the app in setting and the business section then shopping. Shopping did not even show up as an option when I started this. 

Good luck to us all....

0 Likes