Instagram denied us for product tagging

Excursionist
17 1 6
@James225
Too bad that won't work for dropshippers. If you create a Facebook Shop manually, then you MUST set shipping time to under 7 days. Facebook literally forces you to enter 7 days or less delivery time in the shop setup wizard.

On another note... I've been battling this for months as well. Using the Facebook App in Shopify allowed me to create a Facebook Shop on my Facebook Business Page, and it works great! However, nothing works for Instagram. My Instagram Business Account says not eligible for Instagram Shopping, and Shopify Instagram App says ineligible for product tagging. There is no customer support for Facebook or Instagram that I can find. I don't feel that we're violating any of the policies, but I can't get anyone to look into it! If we are, I just want to know what/when/why so I can fix it asap! Facebook/Instagram is more than happy to take your money to run ads, but they don't provide any technical support...which is BS! What other company that takes your money and provides a service is allowed to offer 0 customer support?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 10

jvschro, you need to read back through all the posts in this thread. It has links to facebook support and directions the steps you need  to access them. Using the shopify facebook app to setup your catalog on facebook will not work for instagram because the shopify channel app for facebook does not give you control/ownership of the catalog. You need to have ownership of the catalog with facebook or it causes issues. Facebook support confirmed that to me the last time I got a hold of someone moderately competent on  facebook support messenger.

0 Likes
Excursionist
17 1 6

@James225 

The links to Facebook Support just take one in a giant circle without any ability to get someone from Facebook "on the line". If you have a guaranteed way to talk to someone at support on Facebook, I'd love to hear it.

So if the only way to get Instagram Shopping to work is to manually create your Facebook Shop, then dropshippers will not be able to use Instagram Shopping, unless they can guarantee deliver times under 7 days...is that what you're saying?

1 Like
3 0 0

@James225 

I'm at the same stage as you are.

I followed the instructions in this link, so I avoided the 'default' Shopify Point of Sale app and used another one instead so that the Facebook Page would retain ownership of the catalog.

...What a process. It is so frustrating how vague the response is, we just have no idea what we've done wrong to make their system to reject the application.

I've submitted a report in the Instagram app via Settings > Help > Report a Problem. Hopefully it gets reviewed again and approved.

The more people that complain about this the more likely it will get fixed, so speak up!!

0 Likes
Excursionist
17 1 6
@discoverearth
I take it that you're not droppshipping or if you are, all suppliers are in the US?
0 Likes
3 0 0

@jvschro 

I just clicked 7 days.

0 Likes
Excursionist
17 1 6
@discoverearth
What do you mean you just clicked 7 days? Can you guarantee delivery in 7 days or fewer? If you can, great, then this method might work. If you can't, then you're going to get banned on Facebook.
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 2
Please let me know how to contact you directly to get you to help me set it up. I’m glad you’re going to do consulting for this. We need your help
1 Like
Excursionist
20 0 10

@HappyK 

Click on my name here @James225  in this reply or my profile name on the left side and it should give you an option to send me a direct/private message.

All are welcome to contact me if you need help with getting product tagging to work for your instagram (drop shipping and direct). I think my last post got deleted about this. Please try everything in this thread before you contact me (because what is posted here is free). My help would be on a paid consulting rate.

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi James,

I have the Instagram tagging problem. Let me know if you are gonna do the consulting thing. If so, please tell me how you will do that.

My personal email is carlosdelmonaco@gmail.com.

Thanks

0 Likes