Instagram denied us for product tagging

Highlighted
6 0 0

I imagine that you see this at the backend of your Shopify store. you do need to connect your insta there. you should go to your facebook connect your insta , make a new catalog, there and upload your product in the new catalog. then you wait couple of days and then you are good to go

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

My store name is LexiMazz Designs and here's the screenshot IMG_0318.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

is this something that needs to be fixed at the backend of facebook or shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
75 0 8

@Lexi-Mazz wrote:

Thanks. That screenshot helps - it doesn't mean you violated policy. It's their generic disapproval message.

It's usually a combination of things. The final fix is through Facebook, but first there's some preparation in Shopify. 

For starters, you need to add your legal pages (in settings), create individual pages for them, and link those in your footer. 

Then, there's a more thorough process, going through to check each product and every post individually.

Making sure all of the thousands of potential red flags are noted and fixed.

Then you make any needed changes, and once your catalog has updated, it's time to speak with Facebook. There's some back and forth, escalations, saying the right things at the right time, etc. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
75 0 8

@Lexi-Mazz wrote:

Just to be clear, once you have this message, you have to trigger a manual review - and the process I mentioned is how you do that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

@Lexi-Mazz This only can be solved at the backend of your facebook manager. Your catalog right now if not belonged to your facebook admin. It belongs to your Shopify store. You have to delete it and make a new catalogue. Then connect your instagram to the catalogue which you are the admin of. so you get approved

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am desperate to get approval for Instagram Tagging! I can't get approved though :-( 
Competitors of mine are approved, & they use Shopify too so I know that's not a problem. I have tried everything - re-uploading my catalogue of products, including legal info in footer of website, having field as 'shopping/retail' on Facebook, linking & unlinking accounts, contacting Facebook help... Nothing seems to work. I'd pay someone to do it for me, but I've been asked for my passwords - and I'm not prepared to give my personal passwords to a stranger so that's a no go. 

In case it helps - here are the messages I had from Facebook as a response - apparently my account is in 'good standing' but that doesn't seem to help! What's really annoying is a few weeks ago I noticed that I had the option to add shopping on Instagram, when I was on the Instagram app on my phone. I thought I'd click on it to have a nosy and then decided I needed to figure it all out later when I had more time. I exited the app - and the Instagram shopping option then disappeared! Surely I must have been approved at some point for the option to sign up for shopping to have appeared in the first place! I still have the option to add shopping on the mobile app on one of my other accounts - but I don't have any followers on that one, so there's no point!!!

Screenshot_20190911_150047 (1).jpgScreenshot_20190911_150151.jpgScreenshot_20190911_150128.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
75 0 8

Hi @violetvintage - despite this, it should still be possible to get you approved. Send me an email at daniel@growmeow.com with "Shopify + Instagram" in the subject line (so I can filter it from going to spam). Let me know your store url and what you've done so far to try to get approved.

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Thank you for that break down that was super helpful! I followed all your instructions and "re-added" the instagram channel, just waiting for them to review. Hopefully I will not have to reach out to you for more help but if I do need it I will reach out. Thank you again !

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

where can I send you the data if it doesn't get approved?

0 Likes