Instagram denied us for product tagging

Highlighted
Excursionist
70 0 8

@FeltHappiness wrote:

Hi GrowMeow,

The manual method was what finally worked for me to get approval. Do you know whether once someone is approved, can he or she then use the Data Feed or the Pixel method of adding products?  Cutting and pasting each product one by one is somewhat time-consuming. 

Glad you got approved!

There is a lot of misinformation on here. The reasons people get rejected vary widely, and the integration setup is just part of it. The Shopify connection actually works just fine, as does the Data Feed, as does the Pixel.

The approval happens at the Instagram account level. So, assuming you have catalogs that are compliant, they will work regardless of where they came from.

They all work the same. The Shopify integration may use (or have used) a different algorithm. But even that algorithm isn't the same as it was the week before. And that week's algorithm isn't exactly the same as it was the week before...so on and so forth.

What most likely happened in your case is that making a different kind of connection triggered a different review, through a different algorithm (it's always changing), and whatever issues you had before were interpreted differently this time around. 

People are doing a lot of extra things here that they don't need to, so I'm just trying to shed a little light on that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
70 0 8

@DesirebelBeauty wrote:
Hey guys, so my new account did get approved but I don’t see the shipping
tab on Instagram. It’s not where it should be. Anyone have this issue ?

Note: The products don’t show up in Instagram Shopping until you tag them in a post. Same with the shop tab itself.

To tag them:

1. Go to a post, hit the dots at the top.
2. Tap Edit
3. You’ll see a + sign at the bottom left corner of the photo, with Tag next to it. Tap that + sign
4. Tap Tag Products
5. Tap the photo where you want the little tag dot to show up.
6. Select the product(s) you want to tag.
7. Those products get a quick review and then the tag is shown.
8. Those specific products will then show up in your Instagram shop.
9. If you want more products to show up, go tag them in previous photos. I recommend doing this so that all your product photos can be shopped.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
70 0 8

To Anyone Who is Considering Deleting Anything, Starting New Accounts, etc.

1. You don't have to delete a catalog. You don't have to create a different one. Both of these things can actually create more issues than you have now. Then it takes more time and work to fix it.
  2. You don't have to start a new Instagram profile. There are some exceptions - some accounts, the content is just so far outside the rules, you'd have to delete it all and start over. Some people prefer to start a different account instead.
  3. Just because something randomly worked for someone else, doesn't mean it's going to work for you. There are a large number of variables here. 
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0
Thank you for the response ! I don’t see the plus sign on my photos yet
when I try to edit. I will see if this changes within 24 hours. I just saw
the approval this morning.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
70 0 8

@DesirebelBeauty wrote:
Thank you for the response ! I don’t see the plus sign on my photos yet
when I try to edit. I will see if this changes within 24 hours. I just saw
the approval this morning.

Did you select a catalog in your settings?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0
Nothing comes up for me to select a catalog. I don’t have a “shopping “
option on Instagram that says I was approved. I just know I was approved
from Shopify and business catalog in Facebook.
0 Likes
Excursionist
70 0 8

@DesirebelBeauty wrote:
Nothing comes up for me to select a catalog. I don’t have a “shopping “
option on Instagram that says I was approved. I just know I was approved
from Shopify and business catalog in Facebook.

If you don't have a "Shopping" option in your "Business" section, and that Shopping section doesn't show you catalogs to choose from, you're either not approved, or you don't have a catalog connected, which is required for approval.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Did you get a fix, i have the same issue

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0
Yes, I responded in the thread earlier I had to make a new page. I’ve found
They accept new pages over pages with long history.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I did get it fixed. To be honest, i'm not really sure exactly what I did.
I just "reported" a problem everyday to Instagram and then noticed one day
I wasn't denied anymore, so I assumed i was approved. But I had to first
add my product to a catalog which I didn't know how to do until I googled
it.
0 Likes