Instagram denied us for product tagging

2 0 3

Hi there. I recently tried linking my Instagram app to Shopify, because I am interested in selling my clothes on IG, and would like to tag them so users can be directed to the store.

Unfortunately, Instagram denied us.

Reason: "Instagram reviewed your store and decided that it’s not currently eligible for Instagram product tagging. View Instagram’s commerce policy or contact Instagram to learn more."

I read the guidelines and feel confident we follow all the rules. It says there is a way to appeal, but I don't see how.

Anyone have any experience or advice on this? It would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks.

3 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
443 7 93

Hey, Jordan!

I'm Aria, a Social Care guru at Shopify. 

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get approval for the Instagram Channel, it's frustrating for sure. Instagram doesn't inform Shopify of their reasons for declining a store and they haven't provided us with an appeals process. 

I did take a look at your store to see if I could see any possible reasons. It doesn't look like you have a Facebook store. You need to have a Facebook store which is approved by Facebook (approval takes about 48 hours after you set it up) before you can be approved for the Instagram Channel. 

I would also check the following: 

You can find the rest of the requirements here if you want to double check them. 

If you can't use the Instagram Channel, you can still use Instagram as a tool for marketing your products. There's an app in our store called InstaShop: Shoppable Instagram which has a free option. We have more Instagram related apps as well. We also launched a great Instagram course on Shopify Academy. All Academy courses are free and run by successful store owners. 

I hope you manage to find a solution that works for you. What sort of plans do you have for your marketing?

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

3 Likes
2 0 3

Hi there. Thanks for the reply.

I connected my Shop to Facebook and can see my products in there, however, I tried to connect Instagram again and was denied once more.

I don't understand what else I need to do.

I saw this guide explaining what to try and do, but it seems very complicated and also I don't want to have to create a new Page, I'd prefer to use my existing one.

https://www.shafquatarefeen.com/instagram-tag-products-shopify/

Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
443 7 93

Hey, Jordan!

Aria again.

As the account owner, you would see your products in the Facebook channel and you would even see them on your Facebook page but that doesn't mean they are actually published. To be sure, go to your Facebook page using someone else's login and take a look. It's best to make sure the products are definitely published to Facebook before you do anything with the Instagram channel. Normally, they will not be published until about 48 hours after you set it up.

I can't verify the accuracy of the information in the blog post you provided. I do believe some people have managed to figure out workarounds but we can never guarantee those will work.

I'm sorry to be so vague. It would certainly be great if Facebook and Instagram had proper customer support. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

1 Like
2 0 1

Hi Aria

I have a problem with my shopify web mothersbabycare.com. When i want to create facebook ads with conversion objective, my web mothersbabycare.com is rejecting by facebook. Facebook reason is that web is against community guidelines. mothersbabycare sale mother and baby needs and nothing there agains facebook guidelines. I have made appeal to facebook and contack their chat support and there is no any solution from 3 weeks ago. I am so frustating because of this problem. Maybe shopify team can give me some best advice. Hope you can reply soon

Thanks

Best Regards

Roganda Tamba

mothersbabycare.com

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
443 7 93

Hey, Roganda!

Aria here.

I'm sorry to hear your ad was rejected by Facebook. They should have sent you an email to explain the reasons. It might not have anything to do with what you are selling. It could be something simple like a broken link in your ad or a link that is going to a different product to the one in the ad. You can find out more about the possible reasons in this guide.

It's disappointing that Facebook has not replied to your appeal and it's been three weeks already. It might be worth trying again with an ad and carefully check everything over before you submit it. I hope you get it working.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

1 Like
2 0 1

Good Evening Aria

I think there is no any broken link in my ad. Everytime i put a shorten link of mothersbabycare.com in my fanpage post, facebook will take down my post in 24 hours. Everytime i make comment in my fan pages containing my shopify address mothersbabycare.com, facebook will tag my post by red flag and can not be send.

Would you like to check my web mothersbabycare.com, is there something wrong with it.

If i make a new web in shopify to replace the old one, i affraid that facebook will also denied the new one, and you know thay creating good web cost me money, idea, and many time.

Please Help Me Aria

Thanks for your attention

Best Regards

Roganda Tamba

mothersbabycare.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
443 7 93

Hey, Roganda!

Aria again.

From looking at your website, I don't see any reason Facebook would be doing this. Normally when they deny an ad, they give a reason, there's usually an alert in your Facebook account.

I don't have insider information on why Facebook make these decisions, I haven't seen any of your ads and I don't have access to your Facebook ad account so it doesn't give me much to go on. I would recommend you check out the Facebook help pages to try to find the answers there.

I hope you get it working.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 3

I was also denied the tagging on Instagram and can't figure out how to appeal.  I know I have the shop set up better than I did at the time I first asked for approval but How do I get them to revisit it?!  the Shopping request is gone in my settings on Instagram under Business settings.  I've tried switching my Instagram back to personal then back to business and unlinking and relinking my facebook page but I can't see how to get them to try again?!  Any suggestions.  My instagram is @Zyia_tracyparry

1 Like
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi Zyia,

From previous experiences, a common reason why I've seen stores get denied for approval is due to the product titles & descriptions. Make sure that you edit your product titles and shorten them (Less than 100 chars). If you're sourcing your products using an app, you should also review the product descriptions and make sure that there are no odd html tags. 

I hope that helps!

Bigsmallfocus

1 Like