Instagram denied us for product tagging

Excursionist
56 0 4

@Lexi-Mazz wrote:

Thank you for that break down that was super helpful! I followed all your instructions and "re-added" the instagram channel, just waiting for them to review. Hopefully I will not have to reach out to you for more help but if I do need it I will reach out. Thank you again !

No problem. Usually it does require a manual review, but I wish you luck!

0 Likes
Excursionist
56 0 4

@Lexi-Mazz wrote:

where can I send you the data if it doesn't get approved?

daniel@growmeow.com

Put "Shopify + Instagram" in the subject line so I can filter it from going to spam.

0 Likes
9 0 0
Instagram_boy I couldn’t find how to get in contact with you through that link. Even after all those shopping and retail fixes I’m still being disapproved
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Aria

Please could you advise as to why Instagram might have denied my store.

Many thanks,

Keren 

0 Likes
3 0 0

I posted earlier but it seems to have disappeared.

I posted last week about not being able to get approved for Instagram Shopping no matter what I tried - (you can see my post on the thread and the screenshots that I posted from Facebook when I reached out to them for help).  I tried following instructions given on here and tried everything I could think of but couldn't get approved. In the end I gave up and enlisted the help of Instagram_Boy to help, at the end of last week. He worked on my accounts and last night I got approved! If you want to try and fix it yourself then you need to make sure your account is set up 100% correctly and you need to download a Shopify App to link your product catalogue to Facebook & Instagram - don't use Shopify's catalogue as they will own it, and for some reason that isn't allowed. If you really want approval for shopping/tagging and you are unable to get approved yourself then I would recommend outsourcing it.  

https://www.fiverr.com/instagram_boy?source=gig-cards&ref_ctx_id=f8f63bfd-6ae9-4098-b024-2c93a8051f0...

Good luck! 

0 Likes
9 0 0

instagram_boy I just contacted you on the fiverr link you sent me

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi Lexi-Mazz,

I can see a lot of people have been experiencing this issue and I've spent a few days finding the answer.

1. You first need to make sure your Instagram account is converted to a business account

2. Then link your Shopify and Facebook account using Facebook Pixel

-- https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/analyze-marketing/facebook-pixel 

3. From Facebook Business Manager set up your product catalogue from the 'Catalog Manager'

4. The new Product catalogue on Facebook Business Manager will have a menu to manage 'Use Cases', select Instagram shopping from there

5. On the Instagram app you will need to select the menu and then 'Settings' (with the cog icon)

5a. From the new menu select 'Business'

5b. Agree to the Instagram/Facebook terms for products - Obviously making sure your site and products adhere to them.

Hopefully I've made the instructions as straightforward as possible.

They worked for me and I can now tag products on Instagram.

Kind regards,

M

0 Likes
2 0 1

Hi, Mo981

Im now stuck at 5. since i can see my instagram profile when i try to connect it, but it has a red cross in front of it telling me it is not approved.

Can you help me further ?

Step 2 was new to me so maybe this was the fix to my problem.

Kind regards, Valentina

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
47 0 2

I would like to suggest that whether you use Instagram tagging after approval, or your account doesn't get approved, you should still use a store based Shoppable Instagram gallery as when your customers come to store. It helps in increasing engagement and conversions too upto much extent.

You can try this app for creating a store based Shoppable Instagram gallery -https://apps.shopify.com/cameo

You only need to connect your Instagram account in this app, start tagging products on Instagram photos inside app, and embed gallery on any page of your store. Then link it to navigation menu of your store.

Even Shopify also mentioned about both type of Instagram Shopping experiences in one of their blog post.

0 Likes