Instagram denied us for product tagging

1 0 1

Hi Zyia,
I am having the exact same issue, tried disconnecting and reconnecting, changing from business to personal and back, and I have had no luck. I have also looked all over google and there seems to be no answers? I have a tshirt company and I don't know why instagram would have denied us. we have been accepted previously on a different account.

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 3
Well if you figure anything out let me know and I’ll do the same!!!
2 Likes
1 0 2
Hello Aria Can you check out our social media situation? We have had the same issue for over a year! Instagram will not approve us, can you take a look and see why?
2 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
I’ve read the chain from Zaria social Guru and I’ve followed all of the suggestions, however I’m still denied the opportunity to tag product. Any assistance for KavaBoutique.com would be greatly appreciated. I have a FB catalog
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 3
Do you know if anyone I can get to help me with this? I’ve followed all of the suggestions and still no luck
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 17

No one can help with this matter as much as you try, beg, or hope. You are out of luck! Shopify should stop misleading small business owners with the promise of being able to sell on Instagram (according to the ads they are currently running on Instagram, Feb 2019). It's a deceptive business practice, pure and simple. Is shopify or IG to blame? Probably both. Unfortunately, I migrated away from a competitor that I was satisfied with because I wanted to take my business to the next level and sell on instagram. I spent a month setting up, customizing, and curating my shop, only to find that I cannot do what I wanted to do- what I have paid good money and time to do- and that is sell on instagram. Like the shopify ad said I could do.

My shop is within every guideline to sell: handmade porcelain jewelry from the states, plain and simple, family friendly for all ages, no sex or violence. I have already spent hours combing through all of IG/FB/Shopify terms of service and guidelines, chatting with friends who have IG approved shops, looking into advice about "maybe your tagging is wrong" or "make sure your categories are correct", etc.  I've done everything humanly possible- spent hours tied up with shopify support, trying tutorials, having a FB business page, uploading my catalog, etc, only to be denied by Instagram with no option for review. Shopify gurus are unable to help me, saying that it's out of shopify's hands and it is instagram's fault, leaving me with an IG contact page and an alternative to use an app that doesn't do what I pay for shopify to do. IG doesn't have any contact information except for an email address that I have sent many messages to and have received no reply. In short- there is no way to contact IG. I have even tried to go the FB route. There is no way to contact Facebook.

Small business owners, please beware: using Shopify to sell on Instagram is not in your hands. So don't make the same mistake I did and waste tons of time and money. Tell your friends.

10 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

@melted - I agree!  It's really a hard thing to accept especially seeing SO many other stores flourish due to the tagging feature on Instagram :((

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 3

I'm afraid I've had the same experience. Has anyone actually ever seen an IG tagging appeal that worked?

1 Like
2 0 0

We are waiting for approval, and I have no idea how long is the average wait time before someone replies with an answer?
Did you receive an email with a denial or there was no response?
I am wondering, is there a way to contact them? Or is it just sit-and-wait style?

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
You have to sit and wait. I finally got approved. I realized on my FB
Business page the age was 21+. Once I moved it to 13+ I got approved. ##-
Please type your reply above this line -##
0 Likes