Instagram denied us for product tagging

8 0 0
Hi i recently opened up a shopify store still working on it but I linked my Facebook and Instagram and was denied and cant seem to find how to appeal it or reset so I can try to link for product tagging. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The store is jacob leatherworks
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
645 60 127

Hey there, @Leatherworks 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

I am so sorry to hear this. Once you are certain that you meet all the requirements for the sales channel, Facebook commerce policies and are situated in a country supported by Instagram I would then recommend that you reach out to Instagram directly. The best way to get this decision appealed would be to fill out this form to appeal a rejected ad on Facebook. The Instagram sales channel and Facebook ads seem to be approved by the same team and this has been proven to be the most effective way to get in touch with them. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there, 

I am having the same issue, basically my Facebook Catalogue hadnt been approved when I requested approval on Instagram. All my products have been approved in FB Catelogue now but on Instrgam it is still saying 'Instagram Denied'. How can I appeal? The link you shared seems to be for ads?

Shop is

@Bo wrote:

Hey there, @Leatherworks 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

I am so sorry to hear this. Once you are certain that you meet all the requirements for the sales channel, Facebook commerce policies and are situated in a country supported by Instagram I would then recommend that you reach out to Instagram directly. The best way to get this decision appealed would be to fill out this form to appeal a rejected ad on Facebook. The Instagram sales channel and Facebook ads seem to be approved by the same team and this has been proven to be the most effective way to get in touch with them. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

www.squidgearoo.com

Thanks 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
645 60 127

Hey there, @Squidgearoo 

While there is no official workaround for this as the decision is made by Instagram, filling out the ad appeal has proven to be the quickest way to get through to them to review your store. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
12 0 0

Hi !
I have the same issue.
I took time to study seriously instagram conditions and really, I can't find why they refused my shop. I tried a buch of things to get in touch with them (report a problem on instagram, facebook customer service, facebook business manager form) but the only thing I get is an automatic answer. This is so depressing.

@Bo, what is the ad appeal please ?

0 Likes
8 0 0
Leather working. Wallets cup holders ect.
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1
I manage to get approved!

Have you set up business manager? If not then you need to, it’s a long
process and a bit confusing but keep going! I then submitted a support
ticket explaining that when I first submitted the request I hadn’t set up
manager correctly. They had it resubmitted and approved in 48 hours!
1 Like
8 0 0
Yes I setup that up and submitted it but still no luck
0 Likes
Excursionist
12 0 0

Having the same issue.... I looked at mine. It was one of the first thing I did, even before creating my shopify. And..... something is wrong (my catalogue doesn't appear in facebook business manager.... even if it's clearly available on facebook). I don't understand....

0 Likes
8 0 0
Yes it really is. You would think since Facebook owns instagram it would be
the same process done at the same time. Or that you could get of chat help
and they walk you thru it. But why would it ever be that easy...

0 Likes