Instagram denied us for product tagging

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
667 61 132

Hey there, @molly13 

You can find a link to the ad appeal here. This is not guaranteed to work as Instagram do not yet have an appeal process but it is worth a try. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

Would love to know all the steps you took in completing set up in Facebook Business manager if possible. What were you missing before you finalized setting it all up?

I believe I'm all set up but I keep getting denied by Instagram saying I either am not in compliance with their commerce policy or my products aren't approved to sell on Instagram.  I make jewelry, all handmade, and have 142 items approved by Facebook in my Business Manager catalog. As far as I know everything is complete and set up correctly. All products have descriptions and full product details. My Shopify store is completely set up, all policies are in place. Instagram page is a business page, has been for years. I literally want to cry because I've put in so many hours - days - months into trying to set this up, and I keep getting denied. Any info you can offer will help. 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

Are you saying we have to set up our catalog in Facebook Manager first before integrating it with Shopify?

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi there @Bo 

I am also struggling with getting approval of my Shopify store. I already have my product listed on the Facebook shop. But I keep getting automatic declines from Instagram. I believe I have met with all of their policies and set up. So I don't understand what else needs to be done. Please help!!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
667 61 132

Hey there, @pinpanpunco 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. This decision is handled completely by Instagram and is completely out of Shopify's control. You can attempt to appeal it as mentioned above, however, there is no certain appeal process at this time.

I hope this gets resolved for you promptly.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0
Thanks Bo. I guess what I was hoping for is that someone could review my
account to make sure there aren't any glaring errors causing the denial.
0 Likes
1 0 1

Hello everybody,

Just wanted to share my experience with this so far. I have tried months ago to connect my facebook shop to my instagram profile to no avail. I have tried everything and it's still not working. Once I make my instagram profile personal and then business again I don't even have the 24 to 72h approval process; I am immediately denied like I'm in some sort of black list of product tags. It's very frustrating. I have even considered to switch instagram accounts just to try and start from scratch because I believe product tag would help my business. 

At the moment I have a catalog in facebook which I own, I set it up via a data feed and made sure I own the catalog rather than Shopify. I have no country nor age restrictions and everything is connected to my business account. I am in an eligible market and I sell physical goods. My shop on facebook is connected to an external website and not a message to buy. I have contacted facebook support and asked them to check if everything was in order in my page and they said yes. I am hopeless. 

I checked the steps on this link: https://sherpas.design/blogs/e-commerce/how-to-enable-instagram-product-tagging-for-shopify-bonus-ma...

But it's just reinforcing what I've already done and rather than doing everything over and over again and feel frustrated over and over again, would be great to hear some real troubleshooting, something different we might be able to try. These steps seem to be ignoring that we might do everything right and still not be able to connect.

If anyone has an answer, would be great to hear it.

Thank you,

Cristina 

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello @pinanip 

I am in the same situation. Did you finally solve it?

Thanks,

Vio_leta

0 Likes
8 0 0
No im still trying. It is really frustrating as Facebook owns Instagram but
they are still separated business wise. With no support for the Instagram
side.
0 Likes
2 0 0
No
0 Likes