Instagram only shows 7 products out of a Facebook catalogue of 234

1 0 0

Hi

I have set up the Facebook and Instagram sales channels. Facebook shows all products from the shop, but when I connect from Instagram to the Facebook catalogue, it only shows 7 products.

I have checked the availability-instagram field in the Facebook channel and all collections are set to be available on Instagram.

I have checked the catalogue on Facebook and it displays all products and no issues.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Mikki

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 41

Hey, @ceylonstudios!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

When you work with a Facebook partner such as Shopify, then your catalogue should be automatically set up. However, sometimes we see the Facebook catalogue isn't syncing with the Instagram one correctly, this is not something we can fix from our end as we wouldn't have the access. I did find this guide in the Facebook help centre that has helped a few others get this issue sorted. You can manually add the products to your Instagram catalogue if they are not appearing and then you will be able to tag them in your Instagram posts. They also have a 'troubleshoot catalogue' page in the help centre here too that may help. 

I hope this helps you out but please let me know if you need anything else. Separate to your query, I just wanted to say that we're always here to chat with you about how things work on Shopify or any technical aspects you might need assistance with — but you can also ask us all sorts of things. If you want our opinion about your business plan or site layout, even with marketing and growth aspects you're curious about, then be sure to reach out. Almost anything you have questions about when it comes to eCommerce, I've likely at least seen others touch on before and will be glad to help you too! 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
1 0 0

The same thing is happening to us...7 product out of 100.  Support is clueless regarding the issue and only keep telling me that upper support is working on it.  For almost 3 weeks now, we have not been able to tag in Instagram.  This is quickly turning into a joke platform for eCommerce.  The incompetence is astounding.

We keep getting the "We understand" line of BS.  If you "Understood" that 98% of our traffic to our site is being driven by sales on IG, then you'd fix this travesty of a service!  So annoying.

0 Likes