Instagram shopping disappeared

StephenBlack
1 0 0
The shopping tab under business setting on Instagram has disappeared. I disconnected my Instagram and reconnected and got the email that it has been approved, but still no shopping or ability to tag products. It heard sometimes it takes 24 hours from approval, but it’s been three days now. How do I fix this??
0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
866 57 98

Hey, @StephenBlack!

Sophia here from Shopify. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Instagram Shopping. Shopify doesn't have control over which settings appear in your Instagram app, so I don't recommend disconnecting the Instagram sales channel from your admin. 

In your Instagram app, do you see "Switch to Professional Account" when you go to Settings > Account, or do you still see the Settings > Business option?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
dohertycloe
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello!

The same thing keeps happening to me!  I was able to tag products on my Instagram feed for months, then one day the option was gone.  No matter how many times I disconnect and connect everything it won't work.  My products where still working on my facebook page which connects them to Instagram.  I even deleted everything and waited to get re-approved from Facebook to be able to tag products.  Yet there is still no option to do so in the Instagram app.

It appears to be an error on Instagrams end.  I've reached out several times to Instagram & Facebook but have not heard back.  I've deleted and redownloaded the app several times.  

I have spent so many hours trying to solve this issue and my sales have been effected.  Help please!

0 Likes
dohertycloe
Tourist
10 0 1

Also - to your question from the first user, I see both Account & business in settings.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
866 57 98

@dohertycloe wrote:

Hello!

The same thing keeps happening to me!  I was able to tag products on my Instagram feed for months, then one day the option was gone.  No matter how many times I disconnect and connect everything it won't work.  My products where still working on my facebook page which connects them to Instagram.  I even deleted everything and waited to get re-approved from Facebook to be able to tag products.  Yet there is still no option to do so in the Instagram app.

It appears to be an error on Instagrams end.  I've reached out several times to Instagram & Facebook but have not heard back.  I've deleted and redownloaded the app several times.  

I have spent so many hours trying to solve this issue and my sales have been effected.  Help please!

Hi, @dohertycloe!

If the 'Shopping' option is missing from your business settings in Instagram, the only course of action is to report a problem directly through the Instagram app. If you've already submitted a report, there's no need to submit again (doing so may actually flag requests as spam or at least delay response times). I know it can be frustrating to wait for a resolution, but hopefully the in-app issue will be resolved soon.

In the meantime, have you looked into any tools like Linktree to help direct customers to your store?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
AndyHTu
4 0 0

Anyone have a solution for this? mine just never came back. I kind of exhausted all options I could think of.

0 Likes
Loco
12 0 0
Hello
If your account doesn’t get approve @typical_agnecy on Instagram they will get approve you account for the shopping tag feature they have been doing this since 2018,100% solid and guaranteed the approval for your disapproved accounts

Email:- typicalAgency04@gmail.com
0 Likes
RissaRose
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi all, 

Has anyone have this issue solved? I am on the same page. 

Thanks.

0 Likes