Instagram shopping 'unexpected error'

HoneypressDesig
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi everyone!

I know this probably might not be the right place to ask this, but I've been in a rabbithole of facebook/instagram support faq's for the past few days and I can't seem to find the answer to my question (or a support contact form, for that matter) anywhere.

My problem occurs when I try to send my instagram account for approval for instagram shopping. When setting up instagram shopping, I pass all the steps of selecting my facebook page, domain name, the catalog etc. When I finally press the 'send for approval' button at the end, I just get a popup reporting an "unexpected error" and can't do anything else. There is no explanation as to WHY this error occurs, literally just "there was an unexpected error". I've inserted a screenshot below (through it's in Dutch).

I've been trying for a week, reported the problem through the 'report problem' function three times, yet no avail. 

Has anyone had the same problem? Or does anyone know why this is and what I can do about it?

Thanks!

IMG_3345.PNG

Replies 7 (7)

Goldnnn
Visitor
1 0 1

I have the same problems, but one thing, I close instagram and reopen, after which I go to settings-business again and see that there is the writing "Account presence not estabilishe".

I go into the settings and see that the page is linked

MaeganMonzon
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem. I'm going insane. Did you ever figure it out?

HoneypressDesig
Tourist
4 0 3
Hi! Despite continuing to report this to instagram, I never got any
response nor did it get fixed. I eventually had the idea to try to set it
up through shopify itself, and after googling that I found it was actually
a very easy solution! You just set up a new sales channel in your admin (on
the + next to sales channels on the left) and set up instagram shopping
from there. For me that worked! Hope this helps 😊
TCS-yyz
Visitor
3 0 1

Is IG on your sales channel options? It wasn't for me. 

wilsoff
Visitor
2 0 2

I managed to submit my Instagram store for review via Facebook Commerce Manager.

Once I'd completed the steps below (first screenshot), I went back to Instagram and it was showing as pending review (second screenshot)

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 9.01.32 am.pngIMG_9217.PNG

WrenwoodandCo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there,

My business partner and I have been running around in circles for a month or so now trying to set up Instagram shopping. Our FB and IG accounts seems to be connected but we are hitting so many walls along the way.

Most recently, the 'unexpected error' message has been our roadbloack.

We've tried so many different avenues and we just can't seem to resolve the issue.

Here's what we have recently tried via FB Commerce Manager but as you'll see it doesn't seem like our IG account is connected. And it's not letting us connect when we try. 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. This is beyond frustrating.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 2.14.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-01 at 2.14.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-01 at 2.14.48 PM.png

adeserrano
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you, worked for me