Instagram

2 0 6

Hello, I was trying to set up our Instagram with our Shopify store and I received the follwoing message " Your store isn’t eligible for Instagram product tagging View Instagram’s commerce policy to learn why your store isn’t currently eligible" after reviwing the policy I don't see a reason why we can sell from Instagram, as we sell car detailing products, on their policy dosen't mention where I can appeal this, any ideas where I need to go?

4 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
423 0 79

Hi, Juan!

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.

The launch of the Instagram Sales Channel has been a welcome addition to Shopify and highly requested for quite some time. Unlike the Facebook Sales Channel where there is an appeal process, the Instagram Sales Channel is more cut and dry. When Instagram turns down your business from using the sales channel, there is no appeals process. The decision to turn down a business from using the channel is made by Instagram and not by Shopify. We do not have access to Instagrams approval process or know why a business is turned down.

An alternative solution is to use an app that connects your store to Instagram in a different way. We have apps in the Shopify App Store that connect to Instagram in different ways such as Shop by Instagram - Instagram Shoppable Feed which puts an Instagram feed directly on your website. Here is our full list of Instagram apps that we have available.

I hope this information helps with your business! Best wishes!

Jade | Social Care

0 Likes
7 0 0

Good question.

0 Likes
6 0 0

I'm also trying to merge my shopify with instagram.  I installed the app but now it's telling me this:

Select Products for kippy-and-co-handmade-leather-dog-collars.myshopify.com from the Products page in your Instagram options.

Not sure what to do now:-)))  Lol

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
423 0 79

Hi, Cindy!

The Instagram Sales Channel connects to products that are already visible on your Facebook page. Here (under Manage Products) are the steps to select which products you would like to have on Instagram.

Let us know if this helps!

Jade | Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 6

Thank you but my question still open, Im aware is not Shopify but rather Instagram, if you follow their links you ended in a page in facebook and theres no place to find where you dispute this, so I was curious if someone knew

2 Likes
6 0 0

Hi Jade,

I guess my question is....do I have to "tag" products for them to get into my instagram from my shop?  Or should they be pulling from my website because they are linked?  And ARE they linked?  As in...have I completed all the steps to do that?  I tried to follow what you sent me..but I don't have anything called "settings" and I don't have a kippyandco.com/shopify/products option.  So sorry to be so stupid here but I'm trying:-)

Cindy

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 4

I'm trying to resolve this same issue. I'm guessing my Instagram request was denied because I was having some problems with admin access to my Facebook page which prevented Shopify from being able to connect to Facebook. That has been resolved and Facebook is now connected with Shopify...

On Facebook's policies page, step 2 reads "Steps to take if disapproved: Appeal the decision" but there is no link or further explanation of how to do that...

2 Likes
Excursionist
25 0 6

I don't get it...are our Shopify products directly posted on our Shopify Instagram sales channel, or we have to tag each product separately? And how to tag each product...can we have an example ? My Instagram business profile on my Iphone 4 does not have Products under Settings. Is that perhpas available only on iPhone 5 and + ? Thx.

0 Likes
Excursionist
25 0 6

I don't get it...are our Shopify products directly posted on our Shopify Instagram sales channel, or we have to tag each product separately? And how to tag each product...can we have an example ? My Instagram business profile on my Iphone 4 does not have Products under Settings. Is that perhpas available only on iPhone 5 and + ? Thx.

0 Likes