Instagram

1 0 1

Jade - what is shopify doing to resolve this? It was a major feature and deciding point for me to go with Shopify.

1 Like
2 0 0

I am also having trouble getting my Instagram account working with Shopify. I was approved and set Instagram up as a sales channel. When I go to Instagram to add products, my shopify doesn't exist as an option-I only see "products from Facebook".  What do I to get Shopify to show up as an option in my Instagram?

0 Likes
Excursionist
25 0 6

Shopify seems not interested to provide a clear, detailed instructions how to have Shopify products for sale on Instagram.

To my experience with iPhones ,the mariage between those 2 work with iPhone5 and +. No, it wil not work on iPhone4 or less.

1. Create FB buisness account (secret code: PITA: pain in the....) on FB

2. Using iPhone 5 +, log in to Instagram account -> Options (gear) -> switch to Business Profile

3. In your Shopify store make usre you selected Instagram sales channel and all your products are add to it

4. Wait for at least 2 days for Instagram to approve our site...(might take longer if their support sleeps until 4 PM)

5. Once you get confirmaton inside of your Shopify store -> upload some product images form your site to your iPohne image libaray. I did usig iCloud/images on my desktop PC: copy & paste from desktop to my iCloud account instead painfully trying to save using iPhone

6. Ha! 1st product to sell -> Sign to your instagram account -> go to Options (gear) -> Select SHOPPING -> Products (no you will NOT see your products listed, but don't panic....)

7. on your instagram account home, tap on SHOP - > tap to a product image from your iPhone photo library

8. Go through unitl you are prompted to tag it -> so enter a tag

9. Select TAG A PRODUCT underneath the photo -> Select product from a list of available products

NOTE: you may wait up to several days unitl Instagram list all your products, trasfer can be that slow...

10. SEND -> verify if it is shoppable on your iphone : when you tap on it it should forward to your Shopify product's page

NOTE: Your product will be shoppoble only on cell phones. If you log in to your Instagram account on a desktop/laptp/Mac they won't be shoppable, just plain instagram images.

Check it our on your iPhone: https://www.instagram.com/freephonestuffnet/

Hop this will help.

1 Like
2 0 0

Thank you, I'm going to give it another go.

0 Likes
4 0 0

ive had hte same message but i think its as i didnt have my FB shop set up first, i tried to do them at the same time, does anyone know if you can delink instragram somehow and relink so that teh request is sent through again? 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
20 0 2

Hi Sally

Try to delete the Instagram Sales Channel.
You can do this if you click on manage Sales Channels.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

I still can't get this to work for me. 

I have done everything correctly, but being denied right away. And I can't figure out why. 

ALso deleted the instagram app from shopify a few times, but that didn't help either. 
Hopefully someone has figured it out already or has some help for me. Would be greatly appreciated :)

0 Likes
Excursionist
25 0 6
2 0 2

Hi! 
I have a different issue: mon the instagram sales channel it says

"You need an Instagram business profile to tag products

Switch to a business profile from the Instagram section of your Facebook Page settings."

But my instagram account is already a business accunt, everything is connected, mi pixel, mi facebook manager, my instagram.
Please anybody can help me?

2 Likes
4 0 0

True love & poems - I have exactly the same issue. Instagram and Facebook business accounts set up and linked. Facebook sales channel up and runnign but when i try to add the Instagram sales channel I get this message too.

I've tried disconnecting and relinking my Facbeook and Isntagram accounts and tried switching my instagram back to a personal account then back to business again (and lost my insights and promotions in the process!) but still no luck getting the instagram channel to work

Just wondering if you've tried anything I haven't thought of?

Chantelle 

0 Likes