Instagram

2 0 2

Well, today a friend told that you need to hace the instagram account connected to facebook adds manager COMMERCIAL, it's different than your personal adns manager account. You need to create a new adns manager account for your fan page. I dont know if i'm clear about that, but i did that. Then in that bussines ad manager of my brand, i created a new pixel and installed (i erased fb and IG as sales channel to start all over again from zero). I also start selling in USA, i had shipping only in colombia, i used to sell to people in the US by instagram because it was hard to stimate the rates of the shippings, but now i know how to calculat them so i add a new region for shipping in the US. I'm still getting the same message, but i hope it's just FB, Shopify and IG making some validations, or i'm gonna kill myself hahahaha I'll wait 4 days to see if it works. I'm based in Bogotá, so i think that's an issue that you won't have. I'll let you know if it works.
:( 

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

I have 2 shops and on 1 I get the the business profile error. 
But I dont know what you exactly mean with "Well, today a friend told that you need to hace the instagram account connected to facebook adds manager COMMERCIAL, it's different than your personal adns manager account. You need to create a new adns manager account for your fan page. I dont know if i'm clear about that, but i did that. Then in that bussines ad manager of my brand, i created a new pixel and installed"

What do I need to change?

On the other shop I still have the error where I get denied right away. 
If anyone has a solution for that issue yet, I would love to hear. 

And @jade - I still think it's weird that we are offered this through Shopify, but there is no support team that can even help us with anything other than what we can find online. So many people have these issues and what is Shopify doing to help the loyal customers... 

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

If anyone is still stuck with this issue, I've managed to figure out what the problem was for me. Apparently my Facebook Store was not a shopping & retail store aned that's why it was deemed ineligible. I wrote a step-by-step guide on how I fixed the issue: https://www.shafquatarefeen.com/instagram-tag-products-shopify/

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 4

@Ayah: Wow, that was a long and detailed process but I went through it and followed each step. We'll see if it works...

2 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

David,

Did it work for you?

1 Like
1 0 1

Bump on this to see if it worked for you David?

1 Like
5 0 0

I tried all the steps and it didn’t work for me. I’ve tried disconnecting FB and IG several times, switching back and forth business to personal account, etc. and nothing works. Anyone find a solution?

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

I figured out the answer... Follow these steps if you have been disapproved for "Click to Shop" with Instagram from your Shopify Account:

1. First verify that you are in compliance to all of the requirements. Read everything. Read it twice. Cannot stress how important this is. If you aren't in compliance, they will not approve you. 

2. You must have items already set up on your Shopify account and have them linked to your Facebook Shop as well.

3. Rather and "appealing" the disapproval (I've yet to find any information about the appeal process), go to your Shopify Home Page, and click the + sign next to the "Sales Channel" section, on the left side of your screen.

4. You'll then get a pop-up for adding new sales channels, but rather than adding something new look in the bottom left part of that pop-up and click "Manage Sales Channels."

5. Simply remove your "Instagram" sales channel, then reinstall it. 

6. It might prompt you to reconnect your Facebook account, too. Go ahead and do that, too. 

7. Resubmit for approval.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi.

I am having real problems with the instagram product tagging. Having read so much advice, and tried many options, I still can't get it to work. We conform with all the policies, and there should be no reason for it not to work, but it just won't allow approval to shop on instagram, and then onto the product tagging. Facebook linked catalogue done, business page done, business profile IG done, and linked to the FB catalogue. But I still get the message "not eligible...." can you please help to work out whether there is an error somewhere in the steps, or what to do. I've tried so many ways to contact FB or IG -there are no reasonable options even though their help section says I can appeal. So many people have the same difficulties......its just so frustrating! Please help.

0 Likes
7 0 0

facebook and instagram have a major outage.... it's all over the news. i can't even log in to mine for about 6 hours now!

@eSeasons wrote:

Hi.

I am having real problems with the instagram product tagging. Having read so much advice, and tried many options, I still can't get it to work. We conform with all the policies, and there should be no reason for it not to work, but it just won't allow approval to shop on instagram, and then onto the product tagging. Facebook linked catalogue done, business page done, business profile IG done, and linked to the FB catalogue. But I still get the message "not eligible...." can you please help to work out whether there is an error somewhere in the steps, or what to do. I've tried so many ways to contact FB or IG -there are no reasonable options even though their help section says I can appeal. So many people have the same difficulties......its just so frustrating! Please help.

0 Likes