Installed a Facebook Pixel on my site,turns out there are two Facebook Pixels. Trekkie ?

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello,
I am looking for a solution to my problem.
I installed a Facebook pixel on my Website, and it doesn't run correctly, after trying to figure out the problem I installed Facebook Pixel Helper on Chrome.
This message comes up : Capture.PNG

Trying to understand why, I viewed the source code of my page and I saw the correct Facebook Pixel, alongside another one that doesn't ring any bell and displayed like this in the middle of the <head>:Capture1.PNG
The first Pixel number is the one I input in the Shopify Facebook Pixel Textarea. The second one is the mysterious one.
I've seen some topics about "Trekkie" and trekkie.load but I can't seem to find it nor edit it anywhere.

My problem is : I guess there is a conflict there, and that there shouldn't be two different pixels on my website and I've looked for the mysterious number in "theme.liquid" accessible via "Edit code" but I can't find it anywhere so I can't delete it and see if it solves the problem.

Has anybody ever had a similar problem?
Does anybody have a solution to my problem or at least leads that could lead me to the solution?

Thank you

0 Likes

What is the ID of this second one? Do you have access to it your Facebook Ads Business Manager?

I have seen a few stores with a second pixel in this place which I think can only be done via the API. In one instance, it was done with a third-party app. Kit from memory (I could be wrong.) But I have seen an instance where there were no apps that should be inserting this other pixel and suspected a third-party was illegally collected pixel data.

You could try uninstalling one app at a time then reviewing the source code to see if the second pixel gets inserted. Rinse and repeat then share the culprit here.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
5 0 0

I'll try and keep you posted, thanks for the lead :)

0 Likes
5 0 0

OK,
So it seems that I had an old FB Page (created at the same time as I created my shopify store) with the same name dating a few years back and Kit was synchronized with an old Facebook Ad Manager account and its old data. Including an old FB Pixel.

Both are still on my website but I now get to access different datas : one for my automatically generated posts for Facebook, and one for the campaigns that I create manually.

0 Likes