How can I integrate Amazon with GBP for UK sales?

RugLove
Explorer
52 0 28
Hello,
Is it possible to properly integrate my Shopify site into amazon in GBP selling products only in the UK? Can listed be auto generated of anything on my website ? Thanks
Replies 20 (20)

Codisto_1
Shopify Staff (Retired)
24 0 5

Hi,

Codisto LINQ (https://apps.shopify.com/codisto-linq) is an app you can consider using if you wish to integrate your Shopify products to Amazon UK and sell your products in GBP currency. You can set it up to automatically list any products you create in Shopify to Amazon UK.

Please see https://codisto.com for details. Feel free to contact us via the site if you have any questions.

RugLove
Explorer
52 0 28
Hello. Thanks for the recommendation. I don’t really want to pay for something I feel should be a standard functionality. I mean Shopify know amazon is the key market & already do feeds into eBay free, don’t want pay same as I’m paying for a whole Ecommerce platform just for a feed.

Thanks
BMGifts
Tourist
3 0 4

So disappointing, was moving my 3 businesses to Shopify, been testing the waters with one domain and got the store sorted, products imported, apps sorted, last thing was to link it to Amazon (it states everywhere how Shopify integrates with Amazon) to be told you have to be in the USA for this to work.

I sell majority of my products on my eCommerce platform and Amazon, to see posts going back so many years and for Shopify to be happily taking everyone's money to not spend the small amount of time to integrate the API seems pretty appalling and makes me consider that they really do not care.

Now for me to disconnect my domain and get rid of my Shopify shop and go back to my old store. 

Glad I was still using the free trial. 

RugLove
Explorer
52 0 28

get ready for the good old "there's  an app for that" - PS you can now tip at the cart though...swings and roundabouts 

BMGifts
Tourist
3 0 4

Takes me back to the beginning of Apple iPhone "Theres an app for that" 😄

Anyways, store is currently being closed down now. 

Even another big company that competes with Shopify do not appear to support us EU guys. 

Such a shame as really do like the Shopify admin etc... 

RugLove
Explorer
52 0 28

it really is out of hand to be honest. basic core functionality of 2020 e-commerce is missing  - this is clear when simple apps have thousands of downloads and users, but I think you can assume if an app can do it, shopify have no inventive or interest in developing, just easier take their cut off the developers.

have you tried shopwired? its basically the UK version of Shopify, no transaction fees, most apps built in etc, and similar monthly pricing, I am considering it.

BMGifts
Tourist
3 0 4

Thanks RugLove will check them out. 

It does appear that as someone else has developed an app that people will just pay another $30 for this additional functionality but its extremely frustrating when they took the time to develop it for the US.

I can see posts on here from 4 years ago from people unhappy about this but yet there is nothing.

RugLove
Explorer
52 0 28

yes it is not fair to be honest - it can obviously be done as many feeds and app do it.  i got pushed back that Shopify cant be everything for everyone - point taken, but id say amazon is different, who wouldn't benefit from being on the biggest marketplace in the world.

the amazon issue is not unique - check out delivery options for UK, Scottish highlands etc, there is no option to specify that these are different and it gets all treated as one under the UK, this was requested 7 years ago, there threads I read where from 2017, 2018 and finally asking again in 2019.

all very well developing things like tipping at the cart, but I would hardly consider it a core necessity? i mean how many stores actually NEED it, its more a nice to have - nice to have if you have literally nothing else to spend time and resource on.

MichaelM92
Visitor
1 0 1

I love how no one from the Shopify team even show any attention to anything related to this topic anymore.

#FirstClassCustomerService.

Glad I don't treat my loyal customers with this same arrogance and exceptionally poor level of service for one (what you would imagine is simple) function.

We will keep our store here for a few more months and see how it pans out. We spend over $120 pm to run our Shopify store including apps. And so far all we have had is payouts disabled for apps within their app store we use and they advertise us to use, no functionality to work with the UK amazon market and constantly told to use apps that will cost us even more on the monthly bill...

I hope we don't require the customer service team of this company for anything major for our own customers. 

If we cant have the same functionality as other countries we should be able to at the very least have the integrative apps at discounted prices or a lower monthly cost to the Shopify subscription. 

The responses given always advise you to change to USD etc... where we will get even more charges from UK banks for fees to change the currency from USD to GBP when we get the money deposited...

Hopefully things will change in the coming months, otherwise we will be moving to the UK alternative as stated above.

NadjaV
Visitor
2 0 3

Shopify, please integrate UK stores with Amazon. 

drunkh
Tourist
4 0 3

Can anyone recommend an e-commerce platform that DOES integrate with Amazon UK?

NadjaV
Visitor
2 0 3
Codisto
drunkh
Tourist
4 0 3

Thanks, I was hoping for something that didn't cost an extra $29 per month on top of Shopify's fee's. 

Guy_Beardsley
Tourist
10 0 3

Just throwing my hat in the ring in case Shopify look at these messages. I’d like to publish products to Amazon too, I’ve seen that you can in the US but not the UK?!

codisto_luke
Shopify Staff
4 0 1

Restless_C
Visitor
2 0 0

The pricing for Codisto is insane, we sell lots of low value items, we would immediately be in the $499 per month. It's putting us off Shopify. Previously we haven't connected marketplaces via SHopify, but now we have too due to background changes. Very upsetting to see this profiteering by Shopify for an app they clearly have and are able to enable if they wish...

I'm voting with my feet! 

Codisto_Joachim
Shopify Staff
1 0 0

Hi @Restless_C,

Thanks for raising your concern regarding our pricing. Our plans do actually cater to your scenario where you have lots of orders for low-value items. You are not forced to select a plan based on the order count. You can choose any plan regardless of how many orders you have. Orders over the plan allowance are charged at 1% of the sale value, which for low-value orders can result in a significantly lower cost.

Restless_C
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for your reply, however 1% of my gross turnover sound good but is approximately 3-5% of profit, that is extortionate for simply passing orders from one place to another, especially taking into account this is a free service in any other part of the world and should be basic functionality of any platform in this day and age where AMZ is the biggest player by a country mile.

DenysYa
24 0 0

Hi there,

I found a free solution which integrates Shopify with Amazon UK, it called M2E Cloud  It is fairly easy to use and have a responsive support if you stumble upon some issues with setting it up. 

abhishek_jain
Shopify Expert
73 0 10

Hey, one Amazon recommended solution is https://apps.shopify.com/shipbyamazonfba Amazon MCF by WebBee, however it will push orders from Shopify -> Amazon , a lot more features. 

thanks

AJ

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
To learn more visit: WebBee Global
Feel free to contact us at info@webbeeglobal.com
Integrations: NetSuite,Amazon MCF