Internal Employee Store

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

We have a shopify account that we used for a one time promotion and would like to re-purpose it as an employee store. The issue is employees would not be paying for anything out pocket. Is there a way to add some kind of "digital currency/funds" that can be loaded for each employee?

T.I.A

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
396 49 65

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @jayedeem!

I’m Helen from Shopify Support; Welcome to the Community. What a great idea!

In order to accomplish this, I suggest using the third party app Rewardify. With this app, you can create accounts for each of your employees and apply credit for any value you wish. When your employee wants to make a purchase, they will simply sign into their account from the storefront and choose the amount they would like to use towards the items they want to buy. With this option you are able to designate the amount you would like to allot to each employee.

Rewardify has a 14-day free trial so it’s worth it to install on your store and test out to see if you like how it works; Uninstalling it before the trial ends will ensure you aren’t charged for it. If you need a hand with the set up, or have any specific questions about it’s functionality please reach out to the app developer directly.

A couple other ideas come to mind. However please note, they don’t allow for a direct way to provide a set dollar amount for each employee:

• Create a custom Manual Payment method. This option, would create a choice for your employees at the checkout to choose this method of payment. Once they choose it, no exchange of funds would be required.
  • Create a Discount code. The value could be set as 100% and would be entered at the checkout, again not requiring any sort of payment from them. You could even create personal discount codes for each employee!

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @Helen,

Thank you very much for your reply. It has helped me a lot, the only road block I've run into is if an employee goes past the allotted amount they are able to still check out. For example: each employee is given $100 credit. I was still able to go past that amount with Manual Payment as I had it set to FREE. How can I stop that person from going past their allotted amount?

TIA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
396 49 65

I’m glad to hear these suggestions are helpful for what you are wanting to accomplish, @jayedeem!  

Allotting a dollar amount is where the Rewardify app is advantageous because you can issue each employee $100 in credits. That’s all they will have to use towards their purchase, and anything above that, they would have to pay for on their own.

However, if the Manual Payment method is the way you would like to go, there are other third party apps that you could use that would enforce an order limit. With these apps, you can set an order maximum of $100, which would ensure that any purchases above this would not be able to proceed past the cart through to the checkout. Here are the ones I recommend for this type of functionality:

Let me know what you think!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, is it possible to use points as a currency instead of monetary currencies?

The purpose is an internal swag store where employees can use their points to buy awesome stuff.

Thanks!

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

We just created our own type of currency, but it's based off the dollar.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
@jayedeem, thanks for the reply. How did you manage to do that?
0 Likes