International shipping

Andrew_Hindman
1 0 0

I am not sure how to handle international shipping on my website.  I will be selling artwork.  The work is different sizes and weights and I want to keep things simple.  How do I let a potential customer know that they will be billed separately and that they should request a quote from me before purchasing.  Also, how should I set up shipping for international customers?

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1009 114 225

Hey, @Andrew_Hindman 

I would recommend an app such as Boxify to accomplish your needs. The app supports live shipping rates for most couriers such as DHL, FedEx, UPS, Canada Post, and USPS. The main reason I think this app is suitable for your business is it allows you to calculate accurate rates based on your shipping box dimensions. Boxify shows rates that match how an order is actually shipped, whatever is in the cart, whatever the size of the box or boxes required. Most shipping couriers charge by dimensional weight and since you deal in artwork (where you may have artwork that isn't particularly heavy but takes about a lot of dimensional space) this is going to ensure you aren't over or undercharging your customers for shipping.

The app developer has a support email that you can reach out to for setup assistance and any other troubleshooting.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
HariKrishna
Shopify Partner
626 14 63

Hi @Andrew_Hindman,

Adding to what Dirk has mentioned here, shipping artwork might require extra planning and care, compared to other items. In most cases, the shipping cost of unframed and framed paintings vary considerably. Unframed paintings can be rolled and packed into cylinder packaging boxes, making them light weight and cheaper to ship, whereas, framed paintings can be larger in size, heavier. This might make shipping costly and will take more time to prepare. Since your product requires different box sizes, handling this directly with Shopify will not be ideal since Shopify allows you to choose only one default box for all your products. 

I would suggest you to take a look at our Multi Carrier Shipping Label app that helps you achieve all your requirements. The app allows you to integrate all major carriers like FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, etc and show live shipping quotes at checkout for your customers. You can handle international shipping, print shipping labels for all orders in a single click, and also automate the tracking process with the app. Also, with the Box packing method in the app, you can set up different packages for your products based on the weight & dimensions. So, whenever your customer places an order, the app automatically chooses the right box and calculates the rates accordingly.

You can try the app with a 14-day free trial and contact us if you require any assistance. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes