Introducing Packing Slips

Just a heads up that if you buy the shipping labels before printing the packing slips, you will not be able to use this helpful workaround. Shopify will tell you you can't buy shipping labels for the selected packages. 

So print packing slips first, buy postage second. 

Please, Shopify, just add an actual option on the Orders page to print shipping labels in bulk. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
sammitchellnz
1 0 0

Hello, 

I tried that method and got as far as stage 3. It was all looking like it might work but when I clicked the Actions drop down menu there wasn't an option there to 'Create Shipping Labels'. What version of Shopify are you using? I am on the basic plan. I'm wondering if this is only available to me if I upgrade. 

Regards, 

Sam

@lkoncar wrote:

I found an easy solution to this if you're still trying to figure out how to do it - 

1.  Sort orders by Unfulfilled

2.  Click the checkbox to the far left of the Order column.  This checks all unfulfilled orders; if you don't want to print packing slips for all unfulfilled orders, check orders individually.

3.  Once you select 1 or more orders, a box will appear above the orders telling you how many orders were selected.  Click the Actions drop down arrow to the right of that box & click Create Shipping Labels.  Don't worry, it won't actually print the labels.

4.  A new page appears listing all of the orders you had selected, with a header at the top 'Create Shipping Labels'.  Right below that is a printer icon with Print Packing Slips to the right of it.  Select that and packing slips will be printed for all selected orders.  

This process does NOT print the shipping labels, just the packing slips.  If you want to print the shipping labels, there's a blue button on the lower right that reads 'Buy xx shipping labels'

@lkoncar wrote:

I found an easy solution to this if you're still trying to figure out how to do it - 

1.  Sort orders by Unfulfilled

2.  Click the checkbox to the far left of the Order column.  This checks all unfulfilled orders; if you don't want to print packing slips for all unfulfilled orders, check orders individually.

3.  Once you select 1 or more orders, a box will appear above the orders telling you how many orders were selected.  Click the Actions drop down arrow to the right of that box & click Create Shipping Labels.  Don't worry, it won't actually print the labels.

4.  A new page appears listing all of the orders you had selected, with a header at the top 'Create Shipping Labels'.  Right below that is a printer icon with Print Packing Slips to the right of it.  Select that and packing slips will be printed for all selected orders.  

This process does NOT print the shipping labels, just the packing slips.  If you want to print the shipping labels, there's a blue button on the lower right that reads 'Buy xx shipping labels'

0 Likes
heyhorti
1 0 0

TY TY TY!!! 

0 Likes
NYCHICBOUTIQUE
1 0 0

I just found out how to do this. I'm not sure if its a new feature, but definitely possible. 

From the orders screen, select multiple orders, then click "Create Shipping Labels".  This will load up a screen with all of the orders and a "Print Packing Slips" link on the top.

example.jpgexample2.jpg

0 Likes
Natalie_Latched
2 0 4

I get the same options as you! its infuriating doing these individually... Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 18.01.49.png 

Tipada
Tourist
8 0 2

My packing slips are often span just over 1 page, allowing to switch to legal size would solve that problem. Enable that option please.

0 Likes
bubblelounge
3 0 0

How can I find someone to help with code to add return policy to packing slip?

0 Likes
Tipada
Tourist
8 0 2

Where do you want it to show up?

0 Likes
rschumak
2 0 0

Along this line, is there a way to add a custom note to the packing slip.  So intstead of just "thank you for shopping with us!", i would like to add a note thanking them for their business and to join our loyalty program.

0 Likes

Oh very cool to see they updated the admin to allow bulk packing slip printing after the shipping labels are created. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
0 Likes