Introducing Packing Slips

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
227 0 23

Ship the right things, every time.

Fulfilling orders quickly (and accurately!) is important for running an online business. That’s why we built packing slips – a customizable sheet that indicates what and how many items are in a shipment.

Whether you’re shipping one order at a time or multiple, packing slips keep you organized. Once you’ve chosen the orders that are ready to ship:

1. Print packing slip and shipping label

2. Pick the items in the orders

3. Pack them up, and ship!

Your brand beyond checkout

Packing slips can be customized to include store name, logo, or additional notes for customers. If you offer returns, this is a good spot to include return and exchange instructions.

Easy printing and more

Packing slips can be printed in two sizes, either 4x6 or 8x11. We’ll be adding more features like multiple template support and bulk printing over the next few months. Let us know what you think of packing slips and what features you would like us to support.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 11

Please please allow us to print multiple packing slips at one time from the main order page. So much time is wasted by having to click into every single order, then click "create shipping label" then clicking print packing slip. It is completely insane that this feature doesn't already exist. Thank you for getting this going. 

11 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 11

I HATE the fact that you have to either Mark As Fulfilled or Buy a Shipping Label before printing a packing slip.  We use Shopify Shipping.  But sometimes, I want to print off ALL of the packing slips for the day and hand the stack to an employee to go pick them and get them ready.  When he is done, someone sits there and buys all the labels after the picker decided what size box they should go in.  Having to choose the label and size box before getting the packing slips to go pick...is dumb.  It's like expecting the employees to know the answer...without knowing what the question is.  

9 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 4

Hello,

I am wondering why there is no option to print packing slips prior to fulfilling the orders or completing the shipping label. This would be a great feature to make it easier to pack and ship items more efficiently for my team and I am sure others as well. My suggestion will be to have it as an available feature from the orders page to print the packing slip as an action from the drop down menu.  

@Thea5 wrote:

Ship the right things, every time.

Fulfilling orders quickly (and accurately!) is important for running an online business. That’s why we built packing slips – a customizable sheet that indicates what and how many items are in a shipment.

Whether you’re shipping one order at a time or multiple, packing slips keep you organized. Once you’ve chosen the orders that are ready to ship:

1. Print packing slip and shipping label

2. Pick the items in the orders

3. Pack them up, and ship!

Your brand beyond checkout

Packing slips can be customized to include store name, logo, or additional notes for customers. If you offer returns, this is a good spot to include return and exchange instructions.

Easy printing and more

Packing slips can be printed in two sizes, either 4x6 or 8x11. We’ll be adding more features like multiple template support and bulk printing over the next few months. Let us know what you think of packing slips and what features you would like us to support.

4 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi!

I am editing our packing slip template code and trying to change the font. No styling, whether inline or in <style> tags, even with !important attributes seems to work. When I hit preview template, nothing changes from the default styling. Structural HTML changes appear yet no stylistic ones... Please help!

Thanks,

Josh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 10

I found an easy solution to this if you're still trying to figure out how to do it - 

1.  Sort orders by Unfulfilled

2.  Click the checkbox to the far left of the Order column.  This checks all unfulfilled orders; if you don't want to print packing slips for all unfulfilled orders, check orders individually.

3.  Once you select 1 or more orders, a box will appear above the orders telling you how many orders were selected.  Click the Actions drop down arrow to the right of that box & click Create Shipping Labels.  Don't worry, it won't actually print the labels.

4.  A new page appears listing all of the orders you had selected, with a header at the top 'Create Shipping Labels'.  Right below that is a printer icon with Print Packing Slips to the right of it.  Select that and packing slips will be printed for all selected orders.  

This process does NOT print the shipping labels, just the packing slips.  If you want to print the shipping labels, there's a blue button on the lower right that reads 'Buy xx shipping labels'

8 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

You are awesome!! Thank you for this trick. You saved us sooooo much time right there! 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 10

@Nefertem wrote:

You are awesome!! Thank you for this trick. You saved us sooooo much time right there! 

Happy to help!  I needed that functionality and figured there had to be a way to do it :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Thank you for this! It's insane that we have to find a workaround for something so insanely simple

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can someone help me add my return policy to my packing slip template?

0 Likes