Introducing Shopify Reports and the Advanced Reports Builder

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
153 0 30

Today, in addition to launching Abandoned Checkout Recovery, we're also happy to launch Shopify Reports. It comes in two flavors: Pro Reports, and an Advanced Report Builder.

Pro Reports (Pro plan) comes out of the box with reports to help you understand things like:

• Sales by product
  • Sales by SKU
  • Sales by month
  • Sales by region
  • Sales by traffic source
  • and many more

Advanced Reports Builder (Unlimited and Enterprise plans) allows you to build any report you can think of with the data we store in Shopify. You can then save that report and run it any time you'd like.

Check out the announcement in your admin for more details. We hope you like them!

VP Product - Shopify
2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
36 0 14

Hi Adam,

I've just changed plan to try out the custom report builder.

I want to make a report for each vendor, showing items with less than 5 in stock - i can't see a way to do this and can't find any documentation on the reports. 

It's doesn't look like this is possible, but it must be - can you point me in the right direction please!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
153 0 30

Hi Michael,

That was an oversight on our part. We just need to expose an additional field. I've pinged our Reporting team and will post back when it's added.

VP Product - Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
7 0 6

Hi Michael,

I'm a developer on Shopify's Reporting team. We're continuing to work on making more data accessible through the report builder. For now you can get most of what you asked for using the Manage Inventory screen in the Shopify admin. Click on Products > Manage Inventory. You can then filter to a vendor and sort on the number of units available. Hope that helps!

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
36 0 14

Thanks Matt,

That's perfect, you've most probably done yourself out of a unlimited plan subscriber! 

Just for feedback, the 'Advanced Reports' are pretty basic in my opinion. When I read it "allows you to build any report you can think of with the data we store in Shopify' it just doesn't. You can't also add conditions to reports, only select a type. For example 'Vendor' just displays all vendors and you can't then say equals 'Vendor Name' etc and the only measures you can add are 'Units Sold' or 'Gross Sales'

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
7 0 6

Glad I could help!

Shopify Reports is still a super new feature. We're working night and day to give shop owners access to their Shopify data. Expect more over the coming months! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
620 0 70

Is three months the limit on data for this feature?  I saw I can pick older dates but can't make it do anything.

And not to really rain on the parade, but it feels like (yet again) shopify is over selling with hype.  I agree with Michael.  I tried to dig in to "build any report I can think of" only to be very underwhelmed by what I could build.

John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
5711 0 127

@John what report were you trying to build that you couldn't? Just curious (also the specific feedback may help Matt).

http://shopifyplus.com ::: http://twitter.com/bacchus
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
620 0 70

Sales by Product for the year.  Best I could get was 3 months.

And I found it a lot less than useful because it ground it only by Product.  No variant break down.

John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
111 0 7

Hi John. There's no limit on the data you see in Reports; you can go back as far as you want. You can use the date picker to select the date range you wish to see, and the Sales by Month report will also show you the last 12 months of sales.

You can read more about the Advanced Reports Builder features in our docs here: http://docs.shopify.com/manual/your-store/8-reports/5-advanced-features

0 Likes