Introducing the Shopify changelog

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
31 0 13

Are you looking to stay updated on changes to the Shopify?

If so make sure you check out the Shopify changelog located at https://changelog.shopify.com/.

The changelog is an easy-to-read, chronological feed of changes, improvements, and additions Shopify is making to the platform so you can stay updated on new features, and updates at a glance. 

If you have a question, or would like to provide feedback about the changelog please leave a reply below!

Online Community Manager at Shopify
1 Like
Shopify Partner
68 0 12

This is fantastic - thank you!

Feature request: email subscriptions! Or a feed/API of some kind. :)

I made Locksmith and Mechanic. :)
2 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
31 0 13

Thanks Isaac! I'll share your feature request with the team for future consideration :) 

Online Community Manager at Shopify
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello friend'  i am using shopping change log to view one o best shopping site in uae gifts items in dubai here you can see number of  best gifts items collection this is the bs]est shopping store in dubai

0 Likes

An email subscription sent out per update would be excellent. Glad Shopify is finally (far far overdue) doing this again.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
1 Like
Excursionist
99 0 10

Just bookmarked this, thank you!

+1 for email notifications and/or RSS feed

1 Like
Shopify Partner
90 0 31

Awesome! 

1 Like
2 0 2

Ty, thanks for posting this. It's a good step for transparency.

I plan on selling two products - one tiny that ships in a bubble mailer, and one large that ships in a 12x12x8 box. I'm using Shopify Shipping to calculate USPS rates. My customer are NOT going to pay $10 in shipping on the tiny $6 product because Shopify can only handle one pacakge size and thinks it must go in the big box.

So....any update on the years' old request to have more than one package size available? This seems like such a basic thing to incorporate; the software already allows for multiple packages to be entered, we just can't assign them to products.

Thanks

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
231 0 15

Hi, Ryan!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thanks for the feedback here!

I understand how important is to charge the most accurate shipping rates to your customers. While there isn't yet a way to directly apply package weights to products, there are a few workarounds available. While an app like Boxify would allow you to assign different packages to certain products, it does come at an extra cost.

The other (free) option would be to set your default package weight to 0.0 and add the package weight to the total weight of your products. For this to work, first, weigh out the bubble mailer and the large box. Next, open the bulk editor tool in your 'Products' tab, and add the proper additional weights to the products that use that specific packaging. This will ensure that the live rates pulled at your checkout will be accurate to the total weight of the order. 

But, rest assured, I've also passed your feature request along to our developers for consideration. The more requests they hear from our community, the more informed they will be when determining which products to develop next.

Cheers!

Anders | Social Support Team | support@shopify.com
0 Likes
2 0 2

Anders,

A genuine thank you for the quick reply and suggestion. I think I have things working with the zero package weight method you described...but what a lousy work-around for such a simple ecommerce function.

Since Shopify's customers have been asking for this functionality for many years, I'll venture a guess that Shopify has simply made a decision to NOT implement this. Tongue firmly in cheek: why make the platform better when you can just direct your customers to buy a third party app that Shopify gets additional revenue from? Win win for Shopify and the third party app devs, lose lose for your paying customers.

1 Like