Introducing the Shopify changelog

Shopify Partner
1193 1 77

Ryan

simple ecommerce function.

Saying the words is not as easy as forcing a change that would affect 600,000 stores infrastructure.

why make the platform better when you can just direct your customers to buy a third party app that Shopify gets additional revenue from? 

Because what any business can spend there money on implementing features needs to affect as may customers as possible not just a small percentage who thinks thier specific business needs must be met by 1 single company.  600,000 merchants dont all sell product with vastly varying sizes requiring varied containers.

Most merchants that have specific requirements lean heavily on apps to develop custom functionality. It literally lets you build any kitchen sink. Boxify is $20 a month if the business cannot afford that to meet a  "must have" requirement the business model should be reevaluated.

Win win for Shopify and the third party app devs, lose lose for your paying customers.

Shopify app revenue is a shockingly small drop in a bucket compared to the full revenue from merchant plans and gateways. So features attractive to a broad audience are in thier interest to get more merchants signed up.

It's okay to frustratingly hope for a future feature,  but plan and budget for solutions today.

Busy? Confused? Hire me to do it for you paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com . Theme Customization,Modification,Repair, CSS,javascript,html. App dev. Consultant, Discovery Services http://www.krop.com/paulnewton/ . Want to buy me a coffee paypal.me/paulnewton
1 Like
Tourist
8 0 2

Please don't make changes just for the sake of change.

Example is the refund page. I don't see any added functionality but it is completely different from the old page, now I have to adjust to a new page and for what reason?

Remember, we are businesses who count every second of the day. The more you add to our work load the more we dislike your product. I've been here three years and have yet to see one change that made my life easier but I've seen more than a few that made my life worse.

Please keep that in mind when you decide to make changes.

Does it benefit our customer (ME)?

Does it make their life easier or harder?

Is it something cosmetic? Don't need it. Make it functional, forget cosmetics.

Thank you.

1 Like
Excursionist
90 1 5

here's a suggestion. do something about the fake customer accounts that are being setup by bots.

My idea would be to require all account setup to be two step verified. 

In my case all the fake accounts are using the same first name and last name and the email ends in @mail.ru  can you not test for this case as the client sets up the account and delete any that match.

I have a JS code on my sign up page that does just that except it uses prvent default if the case matches, however the bots are not using signup in the traditional way, otherwise they wouldn't be getting through still.

Timmo.

0 Likes
Excursionist
90 1 5

Another suggestion,

Please could you change the sort on the redirects pages, please add the ability to sort on most recently added rediect.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1193 1 77

do something about the fake customer accounts that are being setup by bots.

Contact support@shopify.com if your getting spammed, they should be being stopped by the captcha system even if thier doing direct http submissions to bypass your javascript , but obviously they must be using multiple IP address to get around this. [reference

For feature requests also contact support@shopify.com

Busy? Confused? Hire me to do it for you paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com . Theme Customization,Modification,Repair, CSS,javascript,html. App dev. Consultant, Discovery Services http://www.krop.com/paulnewton/ . Want to buy me a coffee paypal.me/paulnewton
0 Likes