Invalid CSV Header: Missing headers Title.

3 0 0

My distributor provides me with two CSV files. The header titles are respectively:

Product ID,Product Name,Category,Sub Category,Product Price(NOK), Weight(kg),Product Description,Products Url,Warehouse,Options

and the other:

Product ID,Image Url

The first one works correct, but when i try to import the images from the other one I get the error message:

"Invalid CSV Header: Missing headers Title."

Do someone know how to fix this?

0 Likes
3 0 0

It would have been very nice if someone could help me on this topic, I am really stucked. Anyone?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
209 1 26

Hi Geir, 

Jamie here from Shopify. CSV file imports are quite particular with the formatting required. Your headers should be exactly this: 

Handle,Title,Body (HTML),Vendor,Type,Tags,Published,Option1 Name,Option1 Value,Option2 Name,Option2 Value,Option3 Name,Option3 Value,Variant SKU,Variant Grams,Variant Inventory Tracker,Variant InventoryQty,Variant Inventory Policy,Variant Fulfillment Service,Variant Price,Variant Compare At Price,Variant Requires Shipping,Variant Taxable,Variant Barcode,Image Src,Image Alt Text

There are a few rare exceptions, but sticking with this format will be your best bet. I would recommend starting with our example CSV template which can be found here. You can view common import errors here

Cheers! 

1 0 1

Please assist:

I have used the Shopify .csv template to create an .xls and then .csv file for bulk product upload. 

When uploading the file, I get this error: "Invalid CSV Header: Missing headers: Title."

Not sure how this is possible as I've used the available template AND my file does have the header "Title".

Can anyone assist please?

Thank you!

1 0 0

Sorry ... cant help as I have the same problem ... frustrating that there is no live chat to resolve directly with Shopify

0 Likes
2 0 0

I am stuck on this issue as well. I have imported 300 items yesterday and there was no such problem, but today I want to import 3000 and it says: "Invalid CSV Header: Missing headers Title.". SHOPIFY PLEASE HELP

0 Likes
2 0 0

We had a similar issue and tried a few times to resolve which can be frustrating. We eventually found that we had a product description that contained a "comma (,)" which resulted in the CSV (comma seperated values) reading the comma in that description as a new column and thereby throwing the whole import out with the same error message that you have.

Hopefully this does help you!

0 Likes
2 0 0

There is a live chat support on Shopify however they have made it very hard to find ... 

1. Find and click on the "contact support" link

2. Log in if requested to do so

3. Select your shop

4. Do a quick search for your issue (in this case there is no solution for your problem that is available on the online resources)

5. At the bottom of the search results, find the "Get Support" header and click "Continue"

6. That takes you to the "Chat" or "Email" or "Community" support options.

Good luck guys!

0 Likes
Explorer
72 1 8

Check that you are saving the CSV file in UTF-8 format, the default is Western....something

0 Likes
1 0 0

Shopify isnt very clear on their IMPORT and EXPORT instructions.

What I found was this =>>> Using CSV Files · Shopify Help Center

I uploaded my import file into Google Sheets and Saved it through Google Sheets to align the format to Shopify's format (again they are pathetic at detailing this small but very important fact)

Then I downloaded it to desktop and uploaded to Shopify Products => again a painful fact they elected to omit. 

This solved the Missing Header TITLE Issues

0 Likes