Inventory Control and Bin Locations

Highlighted
2 0 0

We need to find an app that will help us to keep track of inventory (and easily update numbers).  A critical feature needs to be that we can keep track of the bin locationWe feel very hampered by the inability to add a simple field to the inventory section, which would have easily allowed us to do this.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

You may want to check out ecomdash. We are on the app store and we focus on inventory management for multi-channel sellers. Good luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks, for clarification, we currently only sell through Shopify, so multi-channel is not an issue.  We are simply looking for something that might give us more control in managing inventory (reordering and adding inventory etc) and especially we need a way to manage bin locations.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

What we have may be a little more than you need then ;) I'm sure you've already checked out the Shopify app store....hmmm...

Our lead content creator, Tiana just told me this morning about two free inventory resources she found recently - we're always on the lookout for free tools for sellers. I don't know ANYthing about them though...so cannot recommend personally...but maybe they're worth checking out? One is called Skyware and the other is Inflow. 

Also, there are also some good resources on the ecombytes.com and webretailer.com websites?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4270 32 435

@BLT1. 

You are not alone out there. As you know Shopify the platform is scriptable, due to the presence of the API. That means it is easy to write scripts to handle little extras. In the past, more than a few merchants have asked me to write scripts for them that allow them to assign their inventory to bins. Among other things, I have provided them with forms to capture nutritional information, delivery times, invoice numbers, supplier names, etc etc. The list is large. 

That is why Shopify prefers the 80:20 paradigm. If most people will never need bins assigned to products, they don't bother providing that. For the minority who do, you can script that extra information with ease, quickly.

The custom coding to add bin numbers and allow for fine-grained inventory control is easy to put together in less than a day. Some developers could even swing a decent package in a matter of hours if they were really good. I know of merchants that can cobble together their own cheats and beat the system with primitives too. 

If you feel you need it just reach out to Shopify developers, get some quotes and have it built. 

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

We have many channels for inventory/integration but as of my knowledge, and I am using from 2017 kartzhub channel to integrate all of my products in the ecommerce websites so you can try once and this application provides 14 days free trials also https://secure.kartzhub.com/multichannelregistration

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Our app Power Tools is able to do this tasks, you can assign bin location to every variant and update inventory on your mobile phone.

https://apps.shopify.com/inventory-app-4?surface_detail=bin+locations&surface_inter_position=1&surfa...

0 Likes