Inventory Management for product combinations bundles and sets

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi all,

I am looking to create for our fashion store some sets - particularly for this sale season. Items that go together like layered necklaces or necklace & earring etc.

I would display the combo to the customer as a single product to add to cart at a set combo price. 1 click does all.

The thing is, obviously for my stock and inventory management the 2 items are traditionally 2 separate items, and listed separately. How can I create a "combo" product that influences the inventory of 2 separate products? I don't want to prepack them as a bundle or count the inventory of the bundle separately.  

To be honest, before there are a bunch of "offers" here, I really want to avoid installing another app and being upsold to pay X€ per month... sorry to be direct about this, but I honestly won't go for it.

@Shopify: maybe the above can be considered as a feature request?

thanks in advance for any advise

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
752 39 126

Hi, @Alex080.

My name is Tira, and I am here to help. 

Thank you for your question. It sounds like you want to give the ability to your customers to customize a product, and keep all the inventory in the same place. Is that right? 

If this is what you are looking to do, I recommend creating a product with a fixed price, and then using the free plan on an app like Infinite Product Options where you can let your customers choose what they would like to add into their product. Once you see their order, you can then pack your products accordingly. This is a third-party developed app. For any questions, please reach out directly to the third-party developer support team by using the information under the "Support" section of the app's page. Check out similar apps here: Product Option Apps

I am more than happy to submit your feedback as a request to our developer team, so that they are aware of what we can do to improve Shopify for you and all of our merchants. May I have your myshopify.com URL? In addition, do you have any examples of stores or websites that have what you're looking to accomplish? 

Talk soon,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes