Solved

Inventory Solution for Bundled Products

bbfrancesca
Excursionist
11 1 1

I am looking for an inventory tracking system that allows me to create bundled items - not a bundle discount/savings feature.  For example, I create gift boxes that include several products.  I need a solution that will allow me to create gift items without flagging them as a "savings" bundle.  For example, a gift box may contain 2 soaps and a bath salt. I want to create a package and sell the item as a gift box.  All I can find are apps that flag these items as "get $ or a percentage off your purchase" - not what I am looking for.  Any ideas?

Accepted Solution (1)
bbfrancesca
Excursionist
11 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

So far, so good.  Exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you for updating!!!

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

We developed a bundle app for this need to serve our users. 

You can bundle components into a normal Shopify product and when an order comes through we split it into the individual components so inventory is maintained.

We also have the additional feature of calculating your bundled product quantity available based on what components you have in stock.

You can try it out at: https://apps.shopify.com/bundleup

If you have any issues in setting up please get in touch and our team can guide you and help you test.

Regards

Tom

bbfrancesca
Excursionist
11 1 1

The price displays as a sales price.

ian_l
Shopify Partner
32 0 1

Hi @bbfrancesca,

Bundle Kit will allow you to create a gift box without flagging it as a 'savings' bundle (although there is an option to override the sale price if you so choose).

Bundle Kit tracks the inventory levels of the bundle (i.e. gift box) and the individual bundled items (i.e. 2 soaps and a bath salt) as they are sold in real-time to prevent overselling.

Additionally, Bundle Kit will list out the individual bundled item SKUs in the bundle order for your ease of fulfillment.

You can try the app for free at: https://apps.shopify.com/bundle-kit

Hope this helps!

Ian

Bundle Kit enables businesses to easily build product kits, sync inventory of bundle and bundled products sold, and fulfill bundle orders.
atesler
Visitor
1 0 0

This sounds like what we are looking for as well!

One quick question, would we need to also sell and display the individual items?

For example, a fruit basket made up of 3 apples, 3 oranges and a pineapple. We would sell and display it as a fruit basket. Would the apples, oranges and pineapple also be shown on the website for individual sale? Or could we enter them with inventory counts and not push them live for purchase as an individual item.

All our products are bundled but looking for a way to input inventory as we receive the individual products to track them and know how many full bundles we then have available for sale.

Thank you!

bbfrancesca
Excursionist
11 1 1

So far, it appears to work as you describe.....  I also have a git set where items are not sold individually, but I am tracking the inventory on shopify (i.e. a beard oil set with 4 small bottles not for individual sale....I was able to add the bottles to the set without having to list the bottles individually).  Hope this helps!

ian_l
Shopify Partner
32 0 1

Hi @atesler,

Shopify allows you to hide individual products for sale (e.g. the apple, orange and pineapple) via the managing sales channel functionality.

First find the product in your store's admin panel. On the right sidebar, find 'Sales Channels and Apps' and click the 'Manage' button.

Uncheck the 'Online Store' option and click 'Done' to hide the individual product.

See below screenshot as an example.

uncheck online store.png

Let me know if you have other concerns. You can also email me at support@bigbraincommerce.com.

Ian

Bundle Kit enables businesses to easily build product kits, sync inventory of bundle and bundled products sold, and fulfill bundle orders.

bbfrancesca
Excursionist
11 1 1

I tried your app, but the price is displaying as a sales price!

ian_l
Shopify Partner
32 0 1

Hi @bbfrancesca,

Yes, the bundle's 'sale price' in Bundle Kit is displayed as the bundle product price in your Shopify store.

If you un-checked the 'Override sale price' checkbox, then the bundle price will be automatically calculated as the sum of the prices of the underlying bundled items - i.e. a bundle without savings.

Please see below screenshots as an example.

uncheck override sale price.png

bundle without savings.png

Let me know if I have misunderstood your use case.

Ian

bbfrancesca
Excursionist
11 1 1

It is almost what I am after, I would like to be able to override the price....say I want to sell the example box for $16.....why can't I just input the price I want to sell it at without "compare at" price displayed?  

ian_l
Shopify Partner
32 0 1

Hi @bbfrancesca,

Thanks for the clarification, I now understand your use case.

I have added a new 'Display overridden bundle price as sale price' option to Bundle Kit.

If you un-check this option when creating the bundle, the bundle price should now be displayed without a 'compare at' price.

Please see below screenshots as an example. 

uncheck display as sale price.png

bundle without savings.png

Can you kindly try again and let me know if it meets your needs?

Ian

bbfrancesca
Excursionist
11 1 1

Yes, I will give it another shot and let you know.

bbfrancesca
Excursionist
11 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

So far, so good.  Exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you for updating!!!