Inventory greater than 0 vs Allow selling when out of stock

8 0 0

I have automatic collections and have them set to only show products when inventory is greater than zero. 

However, I've noticed that some of the products within that collection are checked to allow selling when the item is out of stock. 

Which setting takes precedence? The top-level collection setting or the product setting? I've noticed that some of my items have sold when out of stock even though the collection states inventory greater than 0. While I understand the need to have the "allow selling when out of stock" on a per-product basis, there should also be a setting available that allows us to shut it off store-wide. If there is a setting for this, please advise. 

Obviously I can use the bulk editor to change "allow selling when out of stock" but the bulk editor is less than friendly in this regard. I cannot sort columns to have all the listings that have this checked appear at the top in the listings and the bulk editor also does not have a way for me to mass UNcheck this on all listings. I end up having to arrow through all the product pages and uncheck that doggone checkbox one by one. This is tedious and not time-efficient, at best. 

Some assistance and insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Likes

can you share a store url.

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
https://www.perennialsolution.com/
0 Likes
8 0 0
8 0 0

Bumping this since I've gotten no response. 

0 Likes