Invoices confusion

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Hello,

I am a bit confused with invoices. When I go to Settings >>> Notifications there's an info about invoices that are automatically sent out to the customer. But I don't know how can I find and save them. I was trying to find it in the orders but seems like it's not there. So I don't know if the invoice is sent to the customer or I should do one by myself.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Sandra

https://plantoxstore.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 25 114

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @SandraPlantox

This is Rae from Shopify. Thank you for posting this question about invoices. 

Are you referring to the 'Order confirmation'  notification in the 'Settings > Notifications'  section of your Shopify admin? If so, this notification is sent to each customer automatically once their order is placed. As a merchant, you can also receive similar notifications when new orders are placed by following these steps to set up new order notifications. 

However, to print or save invoices, I recommend using Shopify's Order Printer app. To print these invoices, just follow these steps. If you'd like to save them to your computer instead, you can select the 'Save as PDF'  option within your browser's print window by following these steps

Order Printer can also help print packing slips, and the templates for both invoices and packing slips can be customized. To learn more about this, I recommend checking out this help document

The Order Printer app is developed and fully supported by Shopify, so if you have any questions or concerns about using this app, please feel free to let me know and I'll be glad to offer more assistance. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 1

I have the same issue.  I just need a copy of 5 invoices that have been lost during COVID, so I can make an insurance claim.  I can't believe SHOPIFY that is suppose to hold all our shopping, customer info doesn't have a simple solution to replicate invoices. Amongst other items that SHOPIFY seriously lacks on the accounting and finance side.

I don't want another APP for information that should be at my finger tips.  I just recreated the invoices and wasted time because SHOPIFY doesn't allow you to automatically access your own customers information.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 25 114

Hi, @ChiquiAlta

I understand the frustration you experienced while trying to print out those invoices on your site. I appreciate you reaching out about this, and sharing your concerns.

The Order Printer app that I mentioned in my previous reply is a free app that's developed and supported by Shopify. So while it is optional to add this app to your site, it's important to note that the app is fully created and maintained by Shopify directly, not by a third-party developer.

With that said, our Order Printer app is a great solution for printing invoices, so if you happen to run into the same circumstances that require you to print out invoices again, then I recommend looking into using this app. We have more information on how it works, and how to print invoices right here.

Order Printer can also help with printing receipts, packing slips, and labels, so it's a great solution to use if you need to print out several of these document types for your orders. You can learn more about this functionality via this link

If you have any further questions or concerns about this app, please feel free to reply directly to me here.

Additionally, you mentioned some issues with information lacking on Shopify in regard to accounting and finances. Can you please tell me a bit more about this, and what features you're looking for? That way, I can help look into this and provide more information. 

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes