Is Shopify Capital a Complete Scam?

GojiLLC
Visitor
2 0 1

I received an invitation for funding for my business from shopify capital and looked at it as a opportunity. 

Before accepting the generous offer from Shopify there was an audit on my account and Shopify was concerned about what I was selling online. 

After 3 days, the financial team had cleared my account and continued to let me use Shopify Payment Gateway. 

After the review gave me the okay to continue, I then looked into the capital funding and decided what the best cost value decision was for my business. 

5 days after accepting and investing Shopify Capital I received another email from a Shopify representative from the financial team.

They decided to shut down the Shopify Payment Gateway but assured me I could set up a 3rd party provider. Not having a main debit/CC payment gateways deters A LOT OF CUSTOMERS. 

Since I have Shopify Capitol I cannot set up a 3rd Party Gateway on my website. So essentially, I have to pay Shopify a lump sum after investing to get a 3rd party gateway or I lose customers. 

THIS IS A SCAM!!!! This should be illegal. Extending funds to help a small business then after they invest you rip all of the ways customers can pay from the owner and do not allow them to get a 3rd party gateway unless they immediately pay up. 

We are running on paypal alone, what a joke. 30k in sales before I have the capital payed back. 

Replies 4 (4)

Dylanm
Visitor
2 0 1

Look at authorize.net

GojiLLC
Visitor
2 0 1
I have Authorize.net set up and am currently paying for it but Shopify will
not allow me to use any third party merchant services until I pay the
Capital off.
Dylanm
Visitor
2 0 1
Oh that’s bad! You’re stuck with PayPal only then? You’re losing some
sales, take another loan and pay it off, you need multiple payment
gateways!

Rod_Mc
Visitor
1 0 0

This just happened to me.  How did you get it resolved?