Is Shopify right for me?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if Shopify is a platform that I should consider.

Currently, we are a physical retail store that moves many types of products (cellphone cases, appliances, etc) and receive income through Moneris/cash. We are using Acomba but are looking for another POS that has 3 main features:

1) record sales (we use barcodes to scan in products)

2) record customer information (keep track of their invoices)

3) keep track of inventory (record receiving and selling of products)

With this in mind, how has everyone's experience in Shopify in handling their businesses and is there anything I should consider during my research?

Thanks for any feedback.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
195 21 48

Hi, @Tim_Tran1!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. It's great to hear you are interested in Shopify! I'll be happy to answer your questions and point you in the right direction to get started if you choose Shopify to host your business.

Shopify is a service that provides everything you need to set up an online store on your own domain. We also have a world-class POS platform included with your subscription. We recently introduced Shopify POS Pro, which is currently free until October 31, 2020. I'll delve more into that a little later on.

Recording sales with barcodes is super easy. Simply download the Retail Barcode Labels app to your Shopify store to create or migrate your barcodes. As these are scanned through your in-person sales, we'll track the inventory for you for each sale. You just need to enter any new inventory for each product as you receive it to make sure your stock is accurate.

We'll also track inventory for any online sales you wish to make as well. You can choose to combine your retail and online inventory, or, if the inventory is stocked in different locations, you can set inventory based on each location. You can learn a bit more about managing inventory in our guide.

All customer data is managed through the Shopify Admin as well. For online sales, this information is captured in the checkout. You can view orders as a full list, or by searching a specific customer. For in-person sales, you can capture customer information during the sale. You can add their name, address, email, phone number and more.

For payments, you can continue using Moneris if you'd like, but we do have our own payment gateway called Shopify Payments. If you choose to use Moneris, you'll pay their fees, plus we'll add a fee as well. This fee is dependent on which plan you choose when signing up to Shopify. Using Shopify Payments is usually the cheapest option for merchants. You can take a look at our plans and payment fees here: http://bit.ly/2pgmhNz. If you'd like to check out if you're eligible for Shopify Payments and also to learn more, check out this guide: https://bit.ly/3laqeyH.

Let's talk about Shopify POS. Shopify POS Lite is included in all plans and has the following features:

• In-person credit card rates starting at 2.4% + 0¢
  • Mobile POS and hardware accessories
  • Order and product management
  • Customer profiles
  • Plus more

Shopify POS Pro is free until October 31, 2020, and will then be $89 USD/month for each location after this date. Some of the pro features include:

• Unlimited store staff
  • Unlimited registers
  • Smart inventory management
  • Omnichannel selling features
  • Staff roles and permissions
  • In-store analytics

We have a great guide outlining the features and pricing of POS that I'd recommend you take a look at.

Finally, I thought I would link a great guide which is our Intro to Shopify. This will walk you through a full store set up to get you started. We also provide 24/7 support so we're always here when you need us.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I hope to see you on the platform soon.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes