Is anyone else having a problem with product tagging on Instagram?

Tourist
5 0 0

Hi, i have been happily tagging products on Instagram but it has just stopped working.  It allows me to select the product but then crashes.  I have been successfully tagging products for about a week since we got our Shopify site but it has stopped working now.  I have tried different posts, different products and 2 separate phones!  No joy.

Is it working for others?

Could this be a setting I have missed?   Help!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
641 30 210

Hi, @STalbot

Rae from Shopify here. I'm happy to help figure out how to get product tagging working on your Instagram account once again. 

As a starting point, I recommend ensuring the software on your mobile device is updated, in addition to the Instagram app being up to date, too. If you're using an iPhone, just follow these steps to update your phone, and these steps to update Instagram. If you're using an Android instead, these steps should be used to update the software, and these steps to update the app itself. 

Once you've completed this, please try tagging a product on Instagram again. Keep me posted on how this goes!

If you're still having troubles though, can you tell me a bit more about what happens when you select a product and Instagram 'crashes'? For instance:

Feel free to reply to me here with any screenshots you have showing what part of this process doesn't work, or displaying the specific troubles you're running into. Just make sure any of your sensitive, store-specific details are blocked out of these screenshots before sharing them in this thread. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with these details so I can continue helping out! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi, i worked out what was wrong.  i was on the Beta version of the App.  I fed back to the developers but didn't hear back so i had to uninstall and go back to the standard app.  It would be great to hear if this bug has been fixed because I like helping with the beta so i am the first to hear about anything new.  I'm afraid I couldn't wait without the ability to tag products though so had to leave the trial.  

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
641 30 210

Hi, @STalbot

Thanks for getting back to me with these details. 

How did you sign up for this beta? Was it through Instagram?

If so, I recommend reporting any bugs you encounter to Instagram directly so that they can look into this further on their end. You can do this by following these steps

Best, 

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 0

Yes - signed up through Instagram.  I did report it to the developer but as I heard nothing I am not sure if they got my feedback.  I'm afraid I couldn't wait for a reply so had to just leave the beta.

I'd love to know if it was fixed though so i could rejoin

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
641 30 210

Hi, @STalbot!

Thanks for following up and letting me know that you reported this feedback to Instagram's developers. 

Did you also have a chance to follow the steps that I shared above to report this to Instagram's Support team directly? If not, please go ahead and do this, as this is the best way to get in contact with their team. 

Instagram is a third-party company with their own turnaround times for support, so I'm unsure when or if you will receive an answer from them. Nonetheless, reporting the issue is the best course of action I can recommend in this case. 

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns about Shopify that I can assist with! 

0 Likes