Is it possible for a single product to have 2 SKUs?

Solved
OptimalPaw
Tourist
5 0 1

I am using BOLD V2 for the subscription functionality. 

I am using ShipStation to connect my fulfillment team to Shopify.

I have a product that has the option to be purchased one time, or delivered once a month. The problem I have right now is that there is currently one SKU for each option. When my fulfillment team sees this through Shipstation, they can't tell whether the product is a one time purchase, or a subscription, because each sale uses the same SKU. The only difference they can see is the price difference for the product (the cheaper price is a subscription).

The solution I see here is to somehow use a new SKU for subscriptions. However I don't know if this is possible on basic shopify without some custom scripts?

Does anyone see another solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
HKJ
Pathfinder
84 4 11

This is an accepted solution.

@OptimalPaw wrote:

I am using BOLD V2 for the subscription functionality. 

I am using ShipStation to connect my fulfillment team to Shopify.

I have a product that has the option to be purchased one time, or delivered once a month. The problem I have right now is that there is currently one SKU for each option. When my fulfillment team sees this through Shipstation, they can't tell whether the product is a one time purchase, or a subscription, because each sale uses the same SKU. The only difference they can see is the price difference for the product (the cheaper price is a subscription).

The solution I see here is to somehow use a new SKU for subscriptions. However I don't know if this is possible on basic shopify without some custom scripts?

Does anyone see another solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

Did you try making the subscription a variant?

OptimalPaw
Tourist
5 0 1

I was able to build off of this suggestion. Thanks!

HKJ
Pathfinder
84 4 11

@OptimalPaw wrote:

I was able to build off of this suggestion. Thanks!

Great! You're welcome.

0 Likes