Is it possible to print a simple address label (I don't mean purchase a shipping label)?

Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 6

I often have orders that go via regular mail, and need to print an address label.

I know that we can print & buy shipping labels, but I want to be able to just send the address to a label printer to put on the envelope.  I need to be able to print one at a time to a label printer.  I've seen a few apps that print labels, but they are typically printing sheets of labels for mass mailings.  Some require all sorts of messing around to print a single label.

I realize that I can copy the address, put it into a label program, and print it there, but I do a LOT of them, and I would like to be able to print them right from shopify by just clicking a button.

Is there a way to do that?  It's a pretty standard/basic thing for ecommerce software to be able to do - I've never seen one that doesn't.... but I can't see it anywhere.

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2
I have the same question. I don’t want to purchase the labels but need to be able to batch printout around 30 simple customer address labels, hopefully by selecting all then just printing them on a simple label printer! Is anyone doing this?

Thanks.

Ben
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Same question here. This should be pretty simple. You can easily do this in WooCommerce. Why not in Shopify?

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I know. Something so simple should be baked in. It's my first time using Shopify after 20 years with PayPal. To print labels in Shopify (without buying a friggin app!!!) I had to select and Export my orders as CSV file, open as a spreadsheet, delete the 50 or so unnecessary fields, delete the stupid ' meaning '85395 from every zip code that gets put in on export, save the edited file, go to the Avery website sign up and log into their free online "Avery Label Printing" app, find the right template and sheet, import the edited csv file, tell the app what fields to put where on your label, finally print to a pdf, open the pdf with the address and print to my laser printer.

I have got to find a better way. Really pissed and upset no one has a template for the "Order Printer" app for address labels.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3
I actually got it working using the free order printer app. I use a QL-800
label printer with 62 mm rolls. Doesn't look great but it's functional.
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I'm able to create a simple address template, I'd just rather print 30 to a sheet instead of one at a time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

can you share what you did? 

I've found a ton of stamps to use up so I just need to print a plain address label to put on my packages with postage stamps.

Highlighted

Again, fully in the same boat. just need to print one address at a time for all our daily orders.

You'd think someone before us would have needed this solution. The only reason I can think of it not being included in Shopify like it is in woo-commerce is that someone else can make money in providing that solution, aka business model.

If anyone finds a solution to this, please please please do shout, as you'll save me an awful lot of time come this Christmas.

Highlighted
1 0 0

If I do join Shopify I’d use this to send nice cards and letters to customers in our database; I wouldn’t use a shipping label for that... unless (which would be a bonus) if it could print postage on at the same time on a 4x6 label.

I’m in Canada so I’d specifically be asking for Canada Post postage.

0 Likes