Is it possible to sell custom digital designs?

3 0 0
Hello,
I want to know wheter it is possible to make a store where a customer Uploads a file, then i edit the file and then give them a download link

For example they send me a picture of a dog, then i edit the dog into a flyer. Then i want to send them the design as a .jpg

Thank you for your reply
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
244 18 35

Hi, @RDxJay.

Tira here, from Shopify Support!

That is a great question about how to add a feature to your store so that any customer can upload a file for you to use to create your product tailored to the customer.

I highly recommend taking a look at our App Store for some options to add this feature to your store. Here are some of my suggestions:

Uploadery - Allows you to have customers upload their own files (they can be bigger sized files as well), and the files are viewable within the admin. There's also a built-in image editor so customers can also modify their images!

File to Inbox - You can accept files from customers and they will be sent directly to your Dropbox! Files can be up to 3GB, so you can also have bigger files uploaded by your customers.

Upload Files by UploadKit - This app allows your customers to upload files from their social media profiles, such as Facebook or Instagram. 

You can find other options for apps with this function, here. As these are third-party developed apps, if you have any questions about these apps, you can find the information to contact the developer directly, just under the "Support" area of the app's page. 

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
3 0 0
Thank you that was really helpful.

Also i wonder, how can i Delivery them my digital product when im finished With editing
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
244 18 35

I'm glad I could help!

What format will the files be when they are finished? Once I have this information from you, I can present some options to you that would help with customers downloading their files!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
The Format ist jpg
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
244 18 35

Thanks for your reply with the file format you're looking to send to customers, @RDxJay.

I recommend uploading the files to either your Shopify admin or through a file storage service so that you can easily grab the link for a file and send it to your customers.

To upload files in the admin you can follow these steps:

- Click on Settings

- Click on Files

- Click on "Upload files" and click on the file(s) you want to upload from your computer

- Click on "Open" and the file(s) will be stored in the admin.

- Once the file is uploaded, you can copy the URL.

Check out our full list of instructions on file uploads, including file requirements and formats, how to upload images and more: Uploading files to your website.

Once you've gotten your file uploaded, you can send an email directly from the Order page.

To locate the order in the admin, click on Orders, and click on the order you wish to open. Underneath the "Contact Information" section, you can click on the customer's email address to send them an email with a link to their product:

2019-09-19_11-59-55-oa9dk

Let me know if that helps!

0 Likes