Is it possible to set a free price for a product

Tourist
21 0 2

Hi)

Is it possible to set a free price for a product? That is, so that the customer can pay as much as he wants?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
567 67 91

@YuliyaP 

It doesn't seem to be available in standard themes, however can be customized and a workaround arrived at

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

Pay what you want

How do you set this up? Maybe you know the plug-ins?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
567 67 91

If you want existing app then you can see here ( we are not affiliated and it's just a suggestion)

https://webkul.com/blog/pay-what-you-want-multivendor-marketplace-app-for-shopify/

You can also get it custom made by hiring a developer from the community. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

How much do you think it could cost? Thank you very much.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
567 67 91

@YuliyaP for the standard app, kindly look in-app store for customization send me a private message 

1 Like
Highlighted

Hey there @YuliyaP .. Let me know if this helps :- 

Product can be set free - you can either offer 100% discount or you can give price as $0 and charge shipping price on the basis of profile creation. 

To create shipping profile, Go to settings -> Shipping and delivery -> There, create a custom profile and add that product and give your custom rate!

For discount code creation - Go to discount -> add on the basis of percentage and give percentage as 100% in order to give total off but in order to not to be losing case charge the shipping price. 

Let me know if it helps! 

Thanks .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3258 245 559

Hi @YuliyaP,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question! 

As @Propero mentioned, the best and most efficient way to achieve this would be via an app and the Multi Vendor Marketplace app seems to be the best app for this. I couldn't find any others who state this outright. The app is $10 a month also. 

Also mentioned was having something custom made for you by a Shopify Expert. While this would be a much larger upfront cost, it would be a once off type of payment and not monthly, but this would also be yours and built into your store directly. You can see the full Shopify Expert directory for custom apps here. It's difficult to have an exact price as every expert could quote something different. It would definitely be worth your while to research and find an expert you resonate with and ask for a quote on what you're looking for. 

Hope this helps add to what the others said previously. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like