Is it worth it?

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

I notice hardly any queries on here have replies,  do shopify provide any actual help when their help pages and videos do not suffice.?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1079 170 196

Hi @TheBeautySpa !

How can we help? Do let us know what queries you might have and we'll try to answer them as good as we can!

Cheers!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Thank you for the reply! with the help of my hosting service, UKHost4U,  following their lead, I have managed to completely mess up my store, and basically make it invisible!  now when I look at my online store "the-beauty-spa-warlingham.myshopify.com (you can see why I wanted to re-name)  it now just redirects(?) to my web site thebeautyspa.info

My host provider says there are no links on my web site,  it is something Shopify.   I have tried disabling & enabling re direction,  that appears to have done nothing.

please help as a matter of urgency!  thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1079 170 196

OK Let's check this together, this link: https://the-beauty-spa-warlingham.myshopify.com/ shows the store while https://www.thebeautyspa.info/ opens another store. 

How was your network setup? Trying to get a hand of this quickly to help faster.

K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

@JHKC any chance you can let me know if you can help?  or direct me to someone who can?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

what has a network got to do with it?  

I was trying to change the web address users saw, as it was "the-beauty-spa-warlingham.myshopify.com"  which is obviously awful.  on bad advice from my website (thebeautyspa.info) host, i did the  domain thing.  This was a disaster,  and now the-"beauty-spa-warlingham.myshopify.com" just opens "thebeautyspa.info" and I do not know why.

do you work for shopify?  it is stunning there is no contact for shopify! $!58bn and they can't at least have a chat!!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

FYI
support1.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1079 170 196

No I do not work for Shopify, but like everyone here we try helping the community as much as possible. 

What did the "domain thing" involve? Did you go into "Online Store" then "Domain" and connect your domain here? The image you shared shows that there are no domains other than the Shopify one which means no other domain will link to your store.

K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Thank you for your reply.  I am so shocked there is no ACTUAL support from shopify.

Exactly,  I can see no reason why my store just directs to my website,  I thought maybe some IP address issue,  but I have no idea where to check that.  apparently shopifys' IP address is 23.227.38.65.

my web host no help! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

support2.png

 Bizarrely if I Click 'online store' from themes it opens the actual store,  but the home logo opens thebeautyspa.info,  my website,  such a mess!

0 Likes