Is offering PayPal as the only payment option causing me to lose customers?

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

I have revampted my store and atm only offering paypal because of where I live. People have abandoned checkouts and I was wondering if this is causing me to lose potential customers? I have not made any sales yet and these could have been potenial sales.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
263 27 45

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Duo,

Hyde here from Shopify.

You haven't provided a link to your store, which makes it hard to assess what might be hindering conversions. However, I do have some general ideas and suggestions.

Customers like to have a choice of payment gateways. Some may prefer to pay directly by card, and Paypal can slow the transaction down because it redirects the customer to an offsite gateway. If you could use a credit card provider too, that would help.

If you're not using Shopify Payments and you want to accept credit cards, you can choose from over 100 credit card payment providers for your Shopify store.

There are a lot of ways you might improve conversions and there is no one correct method for all stores and business types. Given that, we’ve put together a whole section here on our blog that deals with optimizing your conversion rate. There’s one blog in particular here that deals with ways to increase your conversions that I would recommend. 

If you would prefer to get some professional help with your marketing for your store you can consider hiring a Shopify Expert Marketer. Experts are professional service providers that have a track record of working with Shopify stores.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like